Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: It\'s a Cold World, Baby Girl...

Don't take it the wrong way, no one is "hating" on you. There are plenty of lower limit players whose advice I think is some of the best on the forum, and I'm sure others would agree.

However, 10/20 is a completely, completely different game than the 5/10 and 3/6 games which play very similarly. You have played those two, and I'm sure you'd agree. Once you play the 10/20, you'll realize how different it is, and how beneficial it would be to not have as many responses from people playing for 1/20th and 1/10th the stakes with no idea of the metagame differences.

Nothing can benefit a forum better than quality over quantity, and cutting down on the traffic and clutter would help both (or all 3 if that is the case) forums.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 AM

edit
Old 08-25-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 players shouldnt be responding to 10/20 hands thats just how it is.

It is too large a jump in skill. The 3/6 player even if he or she is winning large amounts offers nothing new because they do not know how the games are played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if I agree with you or not. I completely get what you are saying, I see many posts from players who are playing 1/2 and such and respond to hands played at a much higher limit, and the posts are often not worth reading. But at the same time, this forum is here to help people learn and you'll learn more from responding to posts than you ever will from posting hands youself. And it doesnt really add clutter to glaze over some unkown's post while you scroll down a thread in flat mode. Where as the plethora of crappy posts in the main forum actually do cause clutter.

I think maybe each person should sort of self police themself, realizing if you are reading a hand played a stake outside your realm of understanding, that you should only post if you feel you really have something to add, or at least a worthwhile question to ask. I know I personally post replys to hands played outside my limit, I'd hate to be told to stop just cuz I don't play that limit. But for the most part I think thats what most people on here do (police themselves), and that problem really isnt an issue. The real problem is the amount of clutter in the actual main thread. Which if there was a sticky FAQ at the top of this forum would really cut down on the amount of crappy same posts. Either way tho, I still think there should be a split.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 PM

People should be able to reply to any hand posts in a forum they should be in.

However 10/20 players should not be in the same forum as 1/2 and 3/6 players.

Wrong advice just flows all round because people are playing different games.

It wasnt a problem before because HUSH didnt get a huge amount of traffic. 1/2 players knew their place and there wasnt much crap to filter through. Higher limit players didnt mind reply to newbie posts cos there werent that many.

Now its just rediculous. I dont know who 90% of people are in here now and I have been here for a while.

Most of the regulars hardly post anymore and filtering the crap threads just isnt worth the time.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The increased in whining is because this forum sucks now, there is too much traffic.

You got freaking 3/6 players answering questions by 10/20 players.

You got new players spamming up the forum cos they dont know anything (which is fine). But higher limit players dont need to read the same crappy hand posts all the time or preflop questions.

I dont wanna filter through so much fluff everyday.

What good is it posting a 10/20 hand when you get maybe 1-2 good responses from players at your limit a couple of fluff posts and by the morning its 100 threads from the top.

No one has time to look through 100 threads a day and see which is best.

I think its time the mods pulled their finger out and get this sorted.

I'm sure most 10/20 and above would rather have a smaller forum with much less activity. Actually reading threads by lesser knowns not just looking for the usual names.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just asked Mat for a decision on a forum split, and advocated a split at 10/20+ because I think that's the right level. Just FWIW.

Rob
Old 08-25-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just asked Mat for a decision on a forum split, and advocated a split at 10/20+ because I think that's the right level. Just FWIW.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I just did the same thing, literally 10 minutes ago
Old 08-25-2005, 02:37 PM

I agree with what helpmeout has said in this thread, and also think 10/20 should be the first limit for the higher stakes forum.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may retire my catch phrase here cuzz I have worn it out recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never retire the catch phrase.

-An Unknown