Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Moment of passive FPS? Top 2 on the turn. 10/20.

Reads: under 20 hands vs both villains. Almost no read. Neither player done anything out of line in terms of aggression yet. Both seem a little loose passive, but this read is pretty vacant.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO calls.

River: (14.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls $3 (All-In).

Final Pot: 15.90 BB
Old 06-29-2005, 04:01 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Moment of passive FPS? Top 2 on the turn. 10/20.

you have top two on a draw heavy board on the turn and no reason to believe the the gaybettor can beat that.

and I don't make that fold if I call the turn. I wish you hadn't shown the rest of the action after your fold because it looks fairly obvious MP can beat or tie top two. JT makes a lot of sense but so could Q9 or K9. you underrepresentec your hand and made it easy for them to overplay theirs.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:02 PM

Definitely raise the turn when CO donks it. From there the hand will surely play out differently, but I can't imagine not taking this to showdown.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (5.75 BB) K (3 players)
MP checks, CO bets, Hero calls,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not raise to get rid of MP?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:28 PM

I raise the turn here, it's often being donked by a flushdraw or weak made hand and they'll usually pay the raise, though I can definitely see an argument for calling the turn, we're letting MP in cheaply who is often drawing dead or close to it... but there are so many worse made hands that will call that I raise.

I usually don't think about folding unless it's capped on the turn and a bet and a raise to me on the river, I've seen plenty of 3bets/caps with some crappy 2pair on dangerous boards.

Surf
Old 06-29-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (5.75 BB) K (3 players)
MP checks, CO bets, Hero calls,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not raise to get rid of MP?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't want to get rid of MP because there are virtually no hands that will call profitably...we'd love for him to call with a 1 pair hand because he's drawing to 2 or 3 outs most of the time, except when he's got 5 outs with a paired Ax.

Surf
Old 06-29-2005, 06:15 PM

good comments.

I normally raise here. A few cautious thoughts entered. I got lucky here, where the wrong play saved some bets on THIS particular hand. That is of course the wrong way to view things...as sthief indirectly points out....ie results oriented thinking is wrong.

A raise, IMO, would have been proper here and would have locked me in with an inferior hand.

Had MP not been near all-in, I think the right play (after my incorrect turn call) would have been a fold. However, him being near-all... I think I should have leaned toward calling two b/c of the likelyhood that CO was likely overplaying and my underepresentlng..... should have learned toward going down with the ship.

So in a nutshell, I agree with S and most of yall that the decison point was to raise turn... and the rest is secondary.

So was likely passive FPS, and I lose Sklansky Dollars.

Thanks for the confermation that I misplayed.

Edit: And the results that don't really matter, but MP had JTo for the straight, and CO had KQ as well.