Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: UB 25/50: I fold a hand (for once)

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have to 3 bet the flop there dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning for not three-betting the flop included (they're all related):

1) An attempt to avoid awkward turn situations given stack size, by waiting for a safe turn to turn up the heat.

2) I have position; makes me perhaps a bit more inclined to take the aforementioned line of waiting for a safe turn to make a move, instead of making a strong move at the pot on the flop.

3) If I three-bet the flop, it seemed like the only hands that stick around that I'm ahead of are a huge draw, A6, and maaaaybe AK. If I three-bet the flop, I'm gonna make a stack-committing raise w/ the idea that I'm ahead and look to get it in while that's still the case. I don't think a pot-sized raise accomplishes this, as it leaves me with more than a pot-sized bet on the turn, making for a gross situation if a scary turn falls. And what hands call a committing raise on the flop (ranging from, say, $4k straight to a push) that I'm beating? Again, maaaybe A6, and a draw that isn't much of a dog might push. Does AK come along?

Also, are you guys value betting the river? And for those of you advocating that I call his raise, with what range of hands does he take this line on the river that I'm still beating after that turn card fell?

Thanks.