Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Hurting with K/Q

Am I being too hyper aggressive here? Is this an easy cap for everyone?

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises $4.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 08-05-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Hurting with K/Q

No and Yes.
BB is about to go all in and he could do that with any King.

Edit: I didn't see that he 3bet freflop. Maybe you need to slow down a bit on the turn. Don't cap it.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:23 AM

I don't cap the turn. Slow it down big man.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:27 AM

I guess I'm just lucky that he didn't have any more chips infront of him... Ugh I'll slow down.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:58 AM

Might want to slow down after BB 3bets the turn. Unless he's very aggressive, he could have AK here. 77 is possible also.

Also, I've noticed that on Party, people who run out their stack on a hand usually win, especially the first time they run out. Sometimes the second time, too. I think the site gives them a winning hand to keep them playing. I don't know if they do this on Absolute.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:18 AM

Hmm. My first post here.. I might as well start somewhere. The preflop 3-bet and turn 3-bet make me a little nervous about AK. If villain is reasonable, what other hands would he play like this? KQs? Maybe JJ-AA? So I would probably call down after that. OTOH you have the second best hand (K7 very unlikely) so stopping here is a missed opportunity?
Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 AM

Normally, Im not capping without a really good read on my opponent.

In this hand I really don't think it matters given the opponents stack. Because BB is so short stacked after the turn 3-bet I don't mind getting the rest of his chips in as short stacked players will overplay their hands when almost broke enough to offset the 1.125 BB more you lose by calling the 3-bet and check calling the river.

I like a slightly different line though (especially if opponent isn't so short stacked)

Preflop seems standard.

Im more inclined to c/r this flop and see if BB 3-bets because I have to be a little worried about AK. If three-bet I either calldown or donk bet the turn and calldown if raised.

No three bet on the flop I bet &amp; 3-bet the turn and check call river if turn is capped.

No turn cap I bet the river.

One thing I notice more on Micro than small stakes is lack of reads, even if you only have 20 hands with the player that can does affect how you play the hand. Even at 1-2 and 2-4 you need to atleast get to level 2 thinking - what hands could my opponent have here? (Not really directed at his hand in particular, just micro posts in general)

Just my thoughts, Comments are welcome

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 05:03 AM

A bit read dependent, but a 3-bet on the turn demonstrates AA-TT, AK&amp;AQs.

Considering it's heads up, I think I most likely would 3-bet the flop, but then again I'm a rabid animal on any flop. If he would have capped here I would have taken a second to look over the hand and think about what he might have, which in this case might scream AK.

I would still bet the turn, but call down from here. I can definatly see where you would suspect him to go all the way with K/anything considering he's so shortstacked though. So like I said, a bit read dependent at the end.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I've noticed that on Party, people who run out their stack on a hand usually win, especially the first time they run out. Sometimes the second time, too. I think the site gives them a winning hand to keep them playing. I don't know if they do this on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh.. what?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Might want to slow down after BB 3bets the turn. Unless he's very aggressive, he could have AK here. 77 is possible also.

[/ QUOTE ]

And AA, QQ, JJ, TT, AQ, KQ, KJ,... I think you fear monsters under the bed here.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the site gives them a winning hand to keep them playing. I don't know if they do this on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not extraordinary funny.