Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Standard I think

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

I took alot of crap for this hand, but I thought the turn call was OK. With two flush showing, is calling for gutshot that bad?

Obviously unimproved, i am folding to a turn bet. Sorry I don't use PT yet, so I don't have any stats for you. SB had been playing pretty loose as far as I remember, but had hit some big hands and played them well postflop.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Standard I think

What are your reads on your opponents here? I'm thinking you probably should've folded preflop, but reads would help.

Edit: I think the flop is a fold too.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:39 PM

You should have folded preflop. Suited connectors don't play well against one limper.

Everything else I'd play the same. I might fold the flop but I don't see anything wrong with calling it either.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Yeah, loose call preflop even with the button. I generally don't make this call with only one limper ahead of me.

I didn't have much on UTG, he claimed to have folded a set on the turn which means he limped with a small pair.

Table was playing pretty loose, about 45% seeing flop as I remember. I was multi-tabling so I really can't say much more.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, loose call preflop even with the button. I generally don't make this call with only one limper ahead of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO there's NO hand you should ever be limping with at that point.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO there's NO hand you should ever be limping with at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]
We've been discussing this in Mid Stakes, and if the limper is a bad player there are some hands that you can limp on the button that aren't worth raising.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't have much on UTG, he claimed to have folded a set on the turn which means he limped with a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to hijack the thread, but would you fold a set of 4's or 6's here on the turn with up to 10 outs? Seems like you have plenty of outs + implied odds to call here getting 4.5-1 on the turn.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:35 PM

you need to fold this preflop. this is a speculative hand and you arent getting good odds with only 1 limper. nevertheless, postflop is fine. you are getting 9-1 and have 3 clean gutshot outs and maybe 2 outs for the overs for a total of 5 making it worth continuing. on the turn you have the nut straight so cap that shite. i like the raise on the river as it is unlikley he runner runner flushed you from previous action.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:52 PM

I would never fold a set on the turn, and I raise this flop with a set as well.

I can understand sometimes waiting for the turn to raise with a set, but this seems like a flop that needs a raise.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:01 PM

I disagree with all the "flop preflop" posts. I'm raising here preflop.