Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Tournament Review - Correct Play?

Setup
$30 Buy in at Harrahs - each player starts with $1000
Blinds start at 25/50 and raise every 15 minutes
$20 Re-buy allowed once in the first hour

Scenario
I am 2nd to act after the BB and I have J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
The blinds are 50/100 at the time of this. I have $875 in chips (paid one BB, one SB, and limped once). I raise to $150 and get one caller, the BB. There's $350 in the pot.

The flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
The BB bets out $250
I raise all in for $725.
He calls and we show them.

He shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] vs my J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn brings A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and my tournament is over.

Question is, with the overpair I had, was raising all-in the correct play when I was pretty sure he only had a 10 (albeit with an A kicker). Thanks much.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Tournament Review - Correct Play?

From newbie to newbie (at least in terms of 2+2), the best advice I can offer is this- dont post about bad beats.

Are you are really asking whether it was correct to get all your money in as a 4:1 favorite? really?
Old 11-24-2005, 08:50 PM

Don't know how you raised to 150 with blinds at 50/100.

UTG+1 and only T875 remaining, you're not making a standard raise then folding to a scary board with having to pay the upcoming blinds.

Only choice I see here is to pooosh and pray.

Just to note, I'm a donkey luckbox in training [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 07:52 PM

I would have played it exactly the same as you. If he has the 10 he needs to outdraw you, he did, and thats poker. You don't start with many chips in this tourney compared to the blind structure, and you do have a rebuy. Just rebuy and keep playing solid as that you will be ok.