Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM

Default I build a big pot

Button is LAG. He likes to raise scare cards. Other players are LP and very fishy.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (12.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: I build a big pot

I don't understand the donk bet on the turn. Either 3 bet the flop and lead the turn or call his raise on the flop and c/r the turn. I'd probably go with 3 betting the flop to get CO out. Also, it's also very likely the button has a draw or top pair mid kicker or mid pair, so charge him another bet.

As for the river, trust your reads. Since you say he likes to bet scare cards, I may just call this one but its very close. If it was HU on the river, you and button, i'd call his bet in a heartbeat, but the CO confuses things.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:29 PM

As for the stop'n'go, I didn't want to inflate the pot on the flop. Probably I should have check-raised the turn then. No chance button won't bet it.
The river is really a killer, 4-to-staright-flush and me having 2 pairs makes it even less likely they are on pair(s).
Old 11-11-2005, 10:31 PM

feel like folding for 1? I do, unfortunately. and yes, checkraise this turn if button will bet. I think the gaybet on the turn is awful, to be brutally honest.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Result

So I folded the winner for 1 (I'm expert at this). Button had AJ, fish A5 - no flush.
Seems like my turn mistake cost me the whole pot.