Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Not another stats post!

I know, I know, some of us here are not big fans of stats posts. But I’ve played 32k hands and am looking for some guidance by my fellow 2plus2ers.

A little history on my poker career: I started playing poker in high school with a few friends (posters Dr.Gutshot and Stealthcow are two of them), learning the concepts of poker, reading books, and talking about the game with my friends. Senior year (2 years ago) we decided to give online poker a try after reading about it on 2plus2 and hearing about how profitable it was from a friend. Not even 18 yet, I set up an account on Party under my dad's name, putting in $100. Noah (Dr.Gutshot) and Ian (Stealthcow)decided to play $.5/1 while I stuck with my NL routes and gave 25NL a try. After 3 months of playing, my bank roll ballooned to 3k, and I was moving up the games very fast. Meanwhile, Ian and Noah were climbing up the limit ladder, playing a mix of $1/2 sh and $3/6 full.
The next month I got in a rut and decided to mix it up, giving $3/6 a try. Switching to limit also helped me since I could talk strategy over with Ian and Noah. I did well for a month, got in another rut, and moved back to NL, despite my friends telling me I should stick with one or the other. 6 max NL treated me very well for a year and I built my bankroll up to around 20k. Then the variance gods hit me with the worst downswing I ever had. It sliced my bankroll in half and yet again, I decided to give limit another try. I made my final switch (hopefully permanent) back to 3/6. My bankroll got back up to where it was before my NL disaster and I made the switch to 5/10sh.
I've been playing 5/10sh for the past couple of months with very limited success, as you will see from my poker tracker stats. I'm always looking to improve my game, constantly looking over the forums and talking with Ian and Noah to help me mentally and my game in general. Recently we've been exchanging videos, which have been helping me and will probably continue to help me. However, I would like to get a more in depth, non biased critique of my stats. Anyways, here are my PT stats and thanks for taking the time to look them over.
[image][/image]
Old 11-08-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Not another stats post!

Bear with me on how small the pic is. I had boatloads of trouble trying to figure out how to get my pic hosted and cant figure out how to make it bigger. If anyone can tell me how i'll repost it.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:22 AM

WTSD too low for your VPIP and folded to river bet is too high. Try posting the link to the picture rather than the actual image. As is it is really hard to read.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Not another stats post! *DELETED*

Post deleted by JimmyJazz1
Old 11-08-2005, 12:26 AM

At imageshack it will have your image and also a URL for your image. Input the URL for the image when you make your post and it should show up much nicer. Im sorry if this is difficult to understand.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:40 AM

Yea, yea, I suck with computers. Well I tried my best, so here it is. Comments appreciated.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:42 AM

So basically call more on the river?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:43 AM

no, here it is
Old 11-08-2005, 12:48 AM

Old 11-08-2005, 12:56 AM

So how is this NOT another stats post? A stats post seems to be exacltly what this is.