Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Can opponents see your cards?

[ QUOTE ]
I think Many Prima PLayers have developed a software that enables them to see the turn and river before they happen. I lost 3 hands in a SNG yesterday where i was respectively 91%, 82%, & 86% favorites when the chips went in. They must know whats coming.

[/ QUOTE ]
This can't really happen, simply because I really doubt that the software runs the randomization algorithm before the cards are dealt. This would be inefficient because you'd have to calculate for the flop, turn and river even when the action stops before them, and there's really no reason to do so in the first place. Since randomization algorithms depend of former results, system time or whatever is used, they won't know.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:16 PM

Yep, because those 8% chances you'll lose? Those are just there for show. Your hand should actually win all the time.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:19 PM

There is some truth. Packet sniffing is a very valid problem with the net. Now will it happen to you? Unlikely. Though people with the correct network experience, and proper access could sniff your packets to see everything you do on your connection. From a webpage you load, to any IM chat.

Everything you see on the net is traveled by internet packets. No matter what format of data.

For poker software. It still is data being sent from the pokersite to your machine. Either its an encrypted packet or a normal packet. Like when the dealer chat is all text based (dealer chat states every move). A normal packet, someone could determine what the text was. This is why every commerce website (amazon, newegg, etc) is heavy in stressing their 40bit or 128bit encryption for anytime you use the purchase form for a product.

For the trojans running on a computer, anything is possible esp now with XP boxes having remote management. A trojan can just be a registry or an .exe set to run at the right times. Once it is running in system memory, who knows what it was designed to do.

It never hurts to virus scan, and it always benefits to have some type of firewall/proxy setup.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is some truth. Packet sniffing is a very valid problem with the net. Now will it happen to you? Unlikely. Though people with the correct network experience, and proper access could sniff your packets to see everything you do on your connection. From a webpage you load, to any IM chat.

Everything you see on the net is traveled by internet packets. No matter what format of data.

For poker software. It still is data being sent from the pokersite to your machine. Either its an encrypted packet or a normal packet. Like when the dealer chat is all text based (dealer chat states every move). A normal packet, someone could determine what the text was. This is why every commerce website (amazon, newegg, etc) is heavy in stressing their 40bit or 128bit encryption for anytime you use the purchase form for a product.

For the trojans running on a computer, anything is possible esp now with XP boxes having remote management. A trojan can just be a registry or an .exe set to run at the right times. Once it is running in system memory, who knows what it was designed to do.

It never hurts to virus scan, and it always benefits to have some type of firewall/proxy setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you help explain what happened to me a early last spring ('04)?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:40 PM

WIth most major softwarem the data (ALL DATA) sent between the client and the server, and the server and the client, is encrtpted. I know for what I speak here. Packet sniffing is the least of your worries. Don't profess knowledge you dont have.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:25 PM

That, of course, assumes that one can install a trojan upon the mark's computer undetected. If they have decent anti-virus, it's easier said than done.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 PM

If they can see hole cards they would be playing in the highest limit would they not?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:12 PM

Not before the flop, but once I know my hole cards and the flop, my pattern mapper can determine anyone's hole cards with 90% accuracy.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 PM

On a serious note,

I would guess that a few of these "see your opponents hole cards" and "cheat online poker" software things around actually install software that let's the creater see your hole cards.