Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: $33: Line check on turn scare card, lvl 2, JJ hand

True that when the stacks are rather shallow raising to gain perspective is less important. But what if this guy hit the Q? Don't you wanna know that before u push? If you raise him and he just calls flop and turn and lets u check behind you know he doesnt have it. If he reraises u on the flop or leads into you on turn/river you must lay.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Plus, if you have been watching this guy carefully your raise will help u know if he has the Q. By the way, is this guy a bonecrusher or a rock? Did you have time to observe that?

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM

No, not really. If I have AA here, I am far more likely to just call rather than raise to find out where I am. If he has a Q, I'd like to lose as little as possible, and raising into someone who has me crushed is not the way to do this.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:02 PM

Perhaps I am wrong. So kyro explain how you would deal with this flop bet of the original raiser. Would you raise the flop and if so by how much?

Thanks,

Indy
Old 09-20-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, if you have been watching this guy carefully your raise will help u know if he has the Q. By the way, is this guy a bonecrusher or a rock? Did you have time to observe that?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

It's level 2 and I have not played him before so he is probably a donk. If he has the Q he is gonna stack me, because experience has told me I'm ahead here most (70%??, that's a guess) of the time.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, is this guy a bonecrusher or a rock?

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S. What is a bonecrusher? Sounds awesome!
Old 09-20-2005, 03:13 AM

I just dont understand these recommended lines by the repliers. Are you guys saying you checkcall with JJ the whole way? IMO that is god-awful, but I don't make as much $ as you guys.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:55 AM

I only like preflop. I raise the flop because there are 17 turn scare cards, and any of them falling puts us in that tough spot where we're not sure if our opponent has the best hand or is drawing to it. Your hand is too weak to trap and too strong to fold, so raise.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:17 AM

The way you played it gave you absolutely no information about the strength of your opponents hand, and since you have no reads, you are playing a difficult hand in the dark. Reraise pf to find out what a minraise from this guy means, take a note, life will be peachy. Since you played it passively pf, you really need to follow through on the flop, play for set value, and fold. The turn you need to fold again as unless he is a total jackass (which you dont know without a read) he is strong (we can tell from him betting into you from oop on all 3 streets.) The river brings a good bluffing situation, but I'm not sure how I feel about it cuz i know nothing about him.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:44 AM

Because we have the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I almost always just call down here, and check behind on the river if checked to.