Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 12:09 AM

Default The end of the Poker Renaissance- Very off topic

Will be accelerated by WSOP and WPT coverage of the players standing up. The full body shots that espn and travel channel show of DAgostino's and Tong G's bodies will put the poker craze the a sudden hault. In the interest of keeping people interested in poker and continue the influx of novices willing to dump money we must put a stop to such coverages. The minute people begin to realize what 12 hours of grinding can do to a man's body, people they will shift to a new craze like speed walking. instead of dumping money to people on party they will be walking their dogs and eating lean cuisines. I suggest an online petition... only footage of players chest high. It is in the best interest of serious players, espn, and the dumpy players whose hideous bodies' get broadcasted nationally. IMHO
Old 09-16-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: The end of the Poker Renaissance- Very off topic

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha
Old 09-16-2005, 12:52 AM

Is D'Agostino fat? He looks skinny as far as I can tell.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is D'Agostino fat? He looks skinny as far as I can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not fat, he's big boned. Yeah, I want cheesy poofs.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:19 AM

D'Agostino is real sloppy. He has the head of a normal man, but even from behind you can tell his is about 50% body fat. He carries his fat like a large female.. big hips and a waddle.

good player though. A gut on a poker table is symbol you put your time in. Just like califlower ears for olympic wrestlers.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The minute people begin to realize what 12 hours of grinding can do to a man's body, people they will shift to a new craze like speed walking. only footage of players chest high.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have seen Doyle and others for many years before the boom. Your logic should have meant the boom would not happen.

As far as speed walking, that reminds me of a conversation between me and my son. He has been training for marathon running for the past year and will be doing the marathon in Mpls next month. He was telling me that there are professional marathon runners. I asked how much can they win. He said $10,000. I said I'll stick to poker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 11:32 AM

Doyle is old and fat. I'm mostly talking about young and fat. you shouldn't have a body like that until you are in your mid- 30's working in an office. Poker is the new video game. Soon they will have commericals of some tub of large who wins a big pot... jumps up and down screaming "who's the man, who's the man"... to only quickly become winded quickly after and have to fold his next couple hands becuase he is so gassed.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:35 AM

Maybe pros can start doing jumping jacks every other orbit. The seismic activity might knock over peoples chips though.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Yes, all that coverage of Moneymaker and Raymer has completely killed the popularity of the game.

More Gus, Daniel, and Antonio...and Eric, and Erick, and Phil, and Phil, and Phil, and Paul, and...
Old 09-16-2005, 05:51 PM

hilarious post. i've been browsing the boards for awhile now and have never made a post. is it sad that a topic such as this is what motivates me to create a username?

howard lederer is a dumpy guy as well but i guess he fits into the old-age bracket. the original poster on this thread does make a valid point though. just look at tobey maguire, for example. HE'S SPIDERMAN! he's supposed to be jacked, but since all he does now is play poker, look at that sloppy excuse for a body.