Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Commerce during a Satelite Tourney is crazy

Place was chock full of ambitious players, and hopefull wannabees. My 3/6 game had no less than 4 folks who were playing for the 1st time. You know the drill, don't know when to post a blind, try to bet 3 at the turn, etc etc. the folks we love to play with. The crowds milling around at 11 was thick. Needless to say, I was optomistic.

My favorite hand this evening: (from memory, so bear with me)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. (the dealer sort of bounced my 1st card off my blind and it flipped up, revealing a 10 of something. It was made the 1st burn card and I was dealt an extra)
3 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 3bets, CO Folds, Button Caps, SB calls, I fold, everyone else calls the cap.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Results:
SB shows: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP1 shows: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP2 shows: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
House wins $3, dealer wins $4 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

shoulda been some sort of jackpot for that, if ya ask me.

Other than that, the only value to my night was the entertainment of these guys trying to play. Crappy starting hands all night. bleah. Hmm, it occurs to me that the advantage that Vegas has over LA card rooms is at least you can still get hammered at 3AM if you want to. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]