Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-22-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Dan Brown

I'd say I did a search on him and nothing came up but let's save ourselves the bullshit and just come out with. I did no search. If it's been done before, sue me.

I read The DaVinci Code last summer in the 4 days I visited my girlfriend. I spent a lot of time with her, so that should give you some idea of how quickly I flew through it. I absolutely loved it. The ending I felt was a little weak (I was actually commenting to my girlfriend I couldn't remember exactly how it ended), but the math and puzzles made it the best book I had read in a while.

This past weekend, visiting a different girlfriend, I read Angels and Demons. I think I enjoyed this one more. Better plot, awesome ending. I couldn't put it down. Less math, and I'm by no means a religious person (always considered myself an agnostic but according to several people, I'm an atheist), but the religious theme made for a very interesting read.

I bought his newest book, Deception Point for the flight home and am about 50 pages into it. Anyone read it, and if so, what did you think about it?

Other comments about his books would be great.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Dan Brown

[ QUOTE ]
If it's been done before, sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My legal department is filing the papers as i type this. Expect to be served first thing in the morning.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read Angels and Demons. I think I enjoyed this one more. Better plot, awesome ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and by the way, you are aware you're mentally retarded?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read Angels and Demons. I think I enjoyed this one more. Better plot, awesome ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and by the way, you are aware you're mentally retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. Thanks. At least we don't have to wonder how you reached 10K posts so quickly.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good analysis. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. And I assumed if you wanted to read someone's analysis, you'd have gone to one of the 10 other threads on this.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good analysis. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. And I assumed if you wanted to read someone's analysis, you'd have gone to one of the 10 other threads on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been other threads, but not recently that I can think of. Lighten up.

To the OP, I enjoyed all of his books, but I read them in the same progression that you are, and the earlier ones aren't quite as good. Deception Point is pretty interesting though.

I'm interested to read his next one about the Free Masons, because I think it sounds intriguing.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm interested to read his next one about the Free Masons, because I think it sounds intriguing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no idea he had one coming out about the Freemasons. Is it already out? Is he in the process of writing it? I'm already excited for it.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:16 PM

I read A&Ds and had sort of mixed feelings on it. I felt it was a run romp, but not all that well written (in terms of the more technical aspects of writing in general)

I probably will read Da Vinci at some point, but Im not dying to read it either.

Also:

[ QUOTE ]
(always considered myself an agnostic but according to several people, I'm an atheist)

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:17 PM

All of his books were good - however, the endings need some work. The ending to Angels and Demons was the worst - completely unrealistic. It was such a good book up the that point.

I found Deception Point to be the best one.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read A&Ds and had sort of mixed feelings on it. I felt it was a run romp, but not all that well written (in terms of the more technical aspects of writing in general)

I probably will read Da Vinci at some point, but Im not dying to read it either.

Also:

[ QUOTE ]
(always considered myself an agnostic but according to several people, I'm an atheist)

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you couldn't tell by my post, I'm a terrible writer. I probably enjoy reading terribly written works [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]