Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 01:43 PM

Default AA play

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: AA play

UTG's flop check/3-bet followed by his turn check certainly does look like a draw, especially once he just calls (instead of checkraising again) on the turn. Or I guess maybe he was scared MP2 had a 7, or maybe he hoped the flop check/3-bet would chase everyone away?

Regardless, it really looks like you've lost when the board's double-paired and it's two to you on the river. At that point, I'd be thinking that, while UTG might be making a desperation stab into two players, one of whom (you) had shown nothing but strength, MP2 must have kings full.

I wouldn't be so sure about this anymore once MP2 just called UTG's river 3-bet.

Strange hand. I guess maybe you would have won, but I don't think you will win in this sitution (on the river) often enough to stay in when it's two to you.

I might stubbornly see the showdown against maniacs, but without a read that your opponents were maniacs, I don't see what else you could do.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:58 PM

Just a bad beat, not much more to say about it than that. I mean you could have capped the flop but that's about it.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:13 PM

Both had King/junk

I was sure at worst it was KT and I had them on the turn.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:53 PM

good laydown. nothing you could do about it.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:07 PM

River is fine, but do you see the inconsistency between your call of the 3-bet on the flop and your lead-bet on the turn? Er, maybe not if you think they had exactly KT. I don't see how you can narrow their range to this hand, though. So in my mind there is some inconsistency here.

You needed to cap that flop, I think, and you needed to continue firing on the turn if they check to you or its just bet and called. Of course if you had capped the flop things would have proceeded somewhat differently on the turn anyhow.

The range of hands villians will be aggressive with on that flop includes crub frush draws (reinforced when they slow down at the non crub turn), AK, and OESD type hands (QJ, 89). There are very few hands ahead of you right now (77, TT, KK, T7, K7, KT) and most of these are unlikely given the PF action... I'd say KT, 77, and *maybe* TT are most likely. For all the non-set hands, you have powerful redraws to a higher two pair. So cap it without fear!
Old 04-30-2005, 06:39 PM

You could try being bitter, like me.

"Bitterness is joy with a bad attitude"