Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 12-28-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Dealing with Swings

losing 5k a day, wow. Id just like to win 5k a month. But good point big bankroll makes the hit softer. Seems like a less portion to lose.

Losing $200 with a $5000 BR is nothing
Losing $200 with a $800 BR is a lot.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm on a downswing now and i feel terrible about it. it's just so frustrating to play your best and still get beaten. it seems i should try to get away from the game for a bit but it's pretty hard. i'm not sure what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the other posts.

Seeing a huge 2k hand swing in 10k hands is a lot. Once you play 200k hands a 2k hand swing is nothing and expected over and over. its about perspective.

I had one night at live 10/20 with 2 players cheating that i won $750 in 3 hours.

I've also lost $500 in 2 hours to the biggest fish on the planet. Woman calling every raise hitting every gut every time. She walked away with +$1200 that night at 10/20.

Eventually you see that its common place. BTW if you don't like variance dont play SH
Old 12-29-2005, 09:31 AM

no one likes variance, so no one should play SH i guess.

anyway i hit the other side of variance today so it's all good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 01:29 PM

Just want to start by asking: What do you guys consider a big downswing? 100BB? Less? More? I'm going through ~100BB swing thats happened within the last 4 days of playing live. I'd say I've played about 24hrs at ~25-30 hands/hr. I keep going back each day thinking, "It's a new day... lets win some poker" then the cards just don't come, AGAIN. The bad part for me is I've been on almost a 6 month break from the game and come back to this...