Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: AQo with the King

[ QUOTE ]
Ya'll are too fancy. I bet both the turn and the river against average, thinking players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever do this. I just picked up King Yaos Weighing the Odds in Hold Em Poker, and in the first 2 chapters, he advocates pulling the Sexy twice. He explains it briefly, and I can see the possible benefits, but I was curious as to other people's opinions on it.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: AQo with the King

[ QUOTE ]
You have AQo from MP and open raise. An average, thinking player at 10/20 calls you from the button.

Flop is A22r.

You bet, button calls.

River is a 4.

You check...

Good plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does an "avergae thinking player" likely have here after cold-calling pre-flop and calling a drawless flop -- most likely a small to medium pocket pair or a (almost certainly weaker) Ace.

Just betting the turn and river maximizes your chance of getting 2BB's into the pot on theturn and river. I think that lines designed to try to squeeze 3BBs in, such as sexying the turn or river, face a real risk of losing a BB if villain checks-behind at some point, and not such a great chance of winning the extra BB when villain cooperates (by betting when checked to) as he may well fold to your C/r when he just has a small to medium pair (although will probably pay off with a weak Ace).