Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 05:48 AM

Default TPTK on the turn- co-ordinated board (0.5/$1 Paradise Full RIng)

BB is 50/20 after 72 hands.
MP2 is 50/10 after 86 hands
LP2 is 19/4 after 76

Dealt to Hero [ 10h Ah ]
1 fold
MP2 calls [$0.5].
Hero raises [$1].
1 fold
LP2 calls [$1].
3 folds
BB calls [$0.5].
MP2 calls [$0.5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, 9c, 3h ]
BB checks.
MP2 checks.
Hero bets [$0.5].
LP2 raises [$1].
BB calls [$1].
MP2 folds.
Hero calls [$0.5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 10c ]
BB bets [$1].
Hero…

I lead the flop with my 2 overcards and the backdoor nut flush draw, but LP2’s raise was cause for concern. I called that bet hoping to find a heart on the turn, but mainly to avoid folding for one bet after I had opened the betting on the same round.

I didn’t really like the turn card- even though I now had TPTK, there were flush and straight draws out there, the BB had just woken up and the tight passive player behind me had raised on the flop.

What to do?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: TPTK on the turn- co-ordinated board (0.5/$1 Paradise Full RIng)

I'd raise. You didn't post BB's postflop tendencies but I'm inferring he's a bit crazy. Against a lot of players I would just fold here but you beat too much of his range, and folding out hands with between 5-13 outs against you from LP would be great.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:55 AM

Fold. Sorry too busy to elaborate. It is bubble time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. Sorry too busy to elaborate. It is bubble time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty far from shillxness (Yes, that is what I call the prowess that shillx has for this game), but here is a shot on why you should fold:

You actually laid out most the points yourself. I do not think hero's TPTK w/ no redraws is best and is getting lousy odds to continue with a str8 draw and FD on the board and facing BB's turn donk and a LP raiser yet to act. Now for odds, there are 7.5 BB in the pot. Assumng we are behind and drawing, I only give hero at best 4 outs (dirty A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] puts 4 flush on board) asssuming someone doesn't already have a str8 or flush. You would need at least 10.5:1 pot odds to call here and I do not think a raise folds a better hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:06 AM

i call the turn.

tho im obviously wrong.... =P
Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 AM

I wouldn't want to get caught in a raising war between these two players on a draw heavy board. The tight player acting after you may have a set or an overpair - he coldcalled two preflop, and someone with his stats may not reraise JJ-QQ preflop. BB wakes on the turn when the flush and straight draws hit and bets into two players who both raised on previous streets. I'd probably fold the turn.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty far from shillxness (Yes, that is what I call the prowess that shillx has for this game), but here is a shot on why you should fold:

You actually laid out most the points yourself. I do not think hero's TPTK w/ no redraws is best and is getting lousy odds to continue with a str8 draw and FD on the board and facing BB's turn donk and a LP raiser yet to act. Now for odds, there are 7.5 BB in the pot. Assumng we are behind and drawing, I only give hero at best 4 outs (dirty A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] puts 4 flush on board) asssuming someone doesn't already have a str8 or flush. You would need at least 10.5:1 pot odds to call here and I do not think a raise folds a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded pretty much for the reasons you gave, but in particular it was because of the tight LP raiser left to act, and the threat of getting caught in a raising war, because I really didnt want to have to call 2 more bets. The raising war did ensue, and the turn got capped, but then they both checked the river blank (2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) and BB took it down with his pocket sixes. I'm happy with the fold though- I magine LP must have had A8 or AJ, likely with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]- I'm losing much more than I'm winning on that turn board.