Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Aaron Kanter... did anyone else find it amusing?

[ QUOTE ]
That the player who kept putting all his chips in with the worst hand and getting lucky was the only guy there wearing a Party Poker shirt?

Every time he made a move in the hand I could hear that Party Poker commercial music, the one with the whistling and the "bo doo boo booo da ba ba ba"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Anyone that plays mostly at Party has to find this funny.

Also is he the only person that qualified from party to make the final table in the last 3 years?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 AM

ESPN clearly chose to portray Kanter as the new breed of Internet "all in" donkey play. I find it hard to believe he made it to the final table consistently calling and raising big bets on a draw. He played many, many hands in the tournament that were not shown on TV. That said, every hand I saw him in he played horribly, except the KJ hand against Black's set.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The amusing thing being Party is known for its fish and the guy getting very lucky with worse preflop cards was the guy in the Party poker shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then, why am I not laughing? <font color="white"> Because your joke isn't funny, perhaps? </font>

BTW, every site has a reputation for the worst cards winning. All you have to do is find somebody to tell you their most recent bad beat story.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the OP's point completely. He wasn't talking about suckouts/bad beats, he was talking about fishy play. Surely you recognize that Party is considered the biggest donkey parlor out there.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The amusing thing being Party is known for its fish and the guy getting very lucky with worse preflop cards was the guy in the Party poker shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then, why am I not laughing? <font color="white"> Because your joke isn't funny, perhaps? </font>

BTW, every site has a reputation for the worst cards winning. All you have to do is find somebody to tell you their most recent bad beat story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little sour?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN clearly chose to portray Kanter as the new breed of Internet "all in" donkey play. I find it hard to believe he made it to the final table consistently calling and raising big bets on a draw. He played many, many hands in the tournament that were not shown on TV. That said, every hand I saw him in he played horribly, except the KJ hand against Black's set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because he's a donkey? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, until I saw the hand against Raymer on TV. For someone playing live, he didn't even LOOK at Raymer during that hand. Just horrible play. They may have edited it out, but he didn't even count his chips before calling the all-in with his 4-1 draw.

The fact of the matter is, statistically, it's probably much more likely that one player out of 5600 could get extremely lucky over and over again than one might think.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:46 AM

I chuckled - post made perfect comedic made sense to me
Old 11-16-2005, 09:41 AM

Why do people worry so much about where a thread is posted? Get a life already!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:42 AM

You won't get to see on TV all the players who busted out playing like that. This type of play clearly requires a lot of luck....
Old 11-16-2005, 11:07 AM

He didn't just do it once against Raymer, he did AGAIN at the final table against Hachem, calling on the flop with Q9s with no semblance of a hand. Either he's thinking he can push him off a hand on a later street (a questionable play, given that Hachem played tight from what we saw at the final table, and was representing a solid hand), or he's consistently peeling one off. You could almost picture the little donkey lightbulb going off in his head every time he picked up a draw on the turn. ALL IN!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:22 AM

my friend brought up a good point. this is a lonnnnnnnnng tournament. over the course of such a long tournament, with so many entrants, some of the entrants are just going to run insanely well.

in other words, they get people to fold when they want them to, they get calls when they want them, all their semibluffs either work to get someone to fold, or they get called and slam it!

the guy that makes it to the final table by playing this way and running well feels like a champion. he feels like he's walking on water and can do no wrong.. so whenever he picks up a draw on the turn, he wants to just push it hard because that's what he's been doing, and it has worked throughout the tournament.

how else do you explain that donkey K5 all in on the 4th bet? he is just so used to that kind of play, you can tell he doesn't even know what to do, besides move all in.