Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you most like to be?
Gigabet 104 71.72%
Raptor 41 28.28%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: ($27) PUSH or FOLD challenge

[ QUOTE ]
But he knows it's me and I know he knows it's me. Plus he was playing tight today and I don't know if he realized I realized that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of my point was how do you know he (or the SB) is playing tight? Unless you can see what he's folding there's no way you can know this information. I play hyperaggressive heads up, but I've folded the SB 4 or 5 times in a row on many occasions because I never held a card higher than an 8. I'm sure my opponent thought I was playing very tight.

It turns out you were right because he confirmed it but at the table I don't think it's correct to assume something like that with so little information.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Part of my point was how do you know he (or the SB) is playing tight? Unless you can see what he's folding there's no way you can know this information. I play hyperaggressive heads up, but I've folded the SB 4 or 5 times in a row on many occasions because I never held a card higher than an 8. I'm sure my opponent thought I was playing very tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

He folded 14/15 of the first 3 levels except for 1 limp in level 3. His PFR% for levels 6 and 7 (100/200) was 11% over 17 hands. Of course I didn't know those numbers then, I just got a general feeling that he was in a tight mood that day. Sometimes poker is about instinct. At the time when I pushed this my thought was "well crap, my hand sucks but I really need to push now, ok, these guys are playing tightish, it's probably close I'll chance it."
Old 11-15-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He folded 14/15 of the first 3 levels except for 1 limp in level 3. His PFR% for levels 6 and 7 (100/200) was 11% over 17 hands. Of course I didn't know those numbers then, I just got a general feeling that he was in a tight mood that day. Sometimes poker is about instinct. At the time when I pushed this my thought was "well crap, my hand sucks but I really need to push now, ok, these guys are playing tightish, it's probably close I'll chance it."

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your argument about what happens when you DON'T push here better. Looking at agression #s overall is not very helpful usually. Unless you isolate this blind level.

But w/o being there, I will stand by this push all day.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without doing any calcs, I voted for a marginal push. I thought it was close though. After reading the following posts, it seems I was correct on both counts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2005, 03:28 PM

Mine was a fold vote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM

Id fold because you have stolen blinds 2 orbits in a row and you have a table image of a stealer, if i was the sb big stack and had almost anything id call you because of this(unless you showed your legitimate push hands). If you didnt steal the previous 2 orbits id go with push.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id fold because you have stolen blinds 2 orbits in a row and you have a table image of a stealer, if i was the sb big stack and had almost anything id call you because of this(unless you showed your legitimate push hands. If you didnt steal the previous 2 orbits id go with push.

[/ QUOTE ]

It went one steal/one steal/no steal/this orbit.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id fold because you have stolen blinds 2 orbits in a row and you have a table image of a stealer, if i was the sb big stack and had almost anything id call you because of this(unless you showed your legitimate push hands. If you didnt steal the previous 2 orbits id go with push.

[/ QUOTE ]

It went one steal/one steal/no steal/this orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ok....PUSH!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:48 PM

Without doing detailed calcs (still learning how to do that quickly enough) I'd fold this one, and voted that way.
You've gotten away with the earlier steals with way stronger hands.
To me, instinct cries out that you're "pushing" your luck.
Not much science offered here, admittedly.

Uncle Wiggly