Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-08-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Not another stats post!

I was being sarcastic...
Old 11-08-2005, 01:14 AM

Then why post it? Did you read the limrick contest? post specific hands, not stats
Old 11-08-2005, 02:02 AM

Poo bah spreading h8. Give the kid a break [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 02:36 AM

yea I did, but 2plus2ers i respect have made stats posts pretty recently (__1__)and I thought i could do the same. Stop trying to be a moderator and get a life.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 AM

You seem to be losing a bit more in the BB than most around here. You might work on your blind defense some. Try to get it up into the mid teens (but still negative, of course). SB looks pretty good. An extra 0.05 BB/100 in the BB once every 6 hands could affect your winrate substantially. I'm still a blind defense n00b, and my BB winrate is -0.14 BB/100.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:13 PM

Its not so much the stats post that I dislike, its more or less the lack of useful advice that comes from them. When someone posts a hand, there are lessons to be learned somewhere by analyzing the play. By looking at stats you can't get any useful advice b/c everyone plays different. Responses like "call the river more" or "your wdsd is too high" don't tell enough of the story b/c we don't know how you play. Its easy to say your stats don't fit and to change them but that won't make you a better poker player. Stats only tell part of the story of you as a poker player. By posting your stats, I doubt you'll learn anyhting really useful that will dramatically change your game. I'm not trying to be a a$$hole about it, just trying to help.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:34 PM

You're stats are fine
Old 11-08-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Its not so much the stats post that I dislike, its more or less the lack of useful advice that comes from them. When someone posts a hand, there are lessons to be learned somewhere by analyzing the play. By looking at stats you can't get any useful advice b/c everyone plays different. Responses like "call the river more" or "your wdsd is too high" don't tell enough of the story b/c we don't know how you play. Its easy to say your stats don't fit and to change them but that won't make you a better poker player. Stats only tell part of the story of you as a poker player. By posting your stats, I doubt you'll learn anyhting really useful that will dramatically change your game. I'm not trying to be a a$$hole about it, just trying to help.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I always thought everyone hated stats posts is because of how easy it is to just look up the "standard" numbers by yourself. Just search for old stats posts, and see where you are different form them and what people said about said person's stats. Also, I think there was a post a while back that went through a good range for each catagory, etc.

Not trying to rip on OP, I dont really have a problem with stats posts.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 PM

A close friend of mine who plays poker told me the exact same thing today and I somewhat agree with both of you. I agree that reviewing/posting hands is 100x better since you can evaluate your play in specific post flop situations. However, stats posts can be helpful when trying to identify a particular leak that stands out. I have been posting on 2plus2 a good amount and talking with my poker buddies about hands, which has defenately helped my game. But after 38k hands i'm getting a bit frustrated about the lack of results. I know variance could bet the reason for my break even play, but there may be something else glaring that sticks out. Stats don't tell the whole story but they can help provide some details on how someone is playing. I'll shut up now, but whoever wants to help me out with my stats, please do so. Those of you who think stat posts are completely useless and are angered when they see them, just read another post.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:23 PM

Poker is a frustrating game, dont get discourage after 38k hands. I've been through 15k breakeven streaks and it is the most FRUSTRATING thing you can imagine. Keep posting and analyzing your hands, you'll snap out of it eventually.

I always found it funny that people, myself included, look to the stats when we are running badly but not when running well. Whenever I'm running well, I hardly care or notice my stats and focus on my play. When I start to run bad though, I look at stats to find my leaks. This is something I'm trying to work on.