Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ran into a fish who called his entire stack [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] off on a flush draw lol. Of course he caught on the river!

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this. The "fish" had 12 clean outs on you when the all your chips went in. He had you covered. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Hardly the correct odds to be calling off most of your stack. I'm glad you agree with me.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:05 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

I finished up 3rd, ran into trip Kings when I tried a bluff push on the river. Figured that was all he could call me with.

I've posted my story about the tourney at my blog: AJ the triple threat Martino Poker Blog
Old 10-23-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a bad day at the "Races" for EU so far [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

From early reports some "creative" calls seem to be going on throughout the tournie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

My TT lost all-in to a 44 called by a fellow EU'er - a stack call I guess - and I see he's just given his whole stack to a NA - oh dear

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL guilty as charged.. I just thought bluefeet was making a move, and that he wouldn't bet the flop with a jack.. bollox..

By the way that hand where you said 'nh' to me, I had 55, but it might as well have been 72o, as I had nothing on the board..
Old 10-23-2005, 06:07 PM

I got lucky and won [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I finished 9th (Ricky Slade).

With 12 players left I just went from 3rd place to out in 4 hands.

ajmartino raised from the button, SB moved in for a little more and I (RickySlade) reraised all in for 10k total w/ AT. ajmartino folded and the SB had A9 and rivered a 9.

then ajmartino raised all in for 19k from the button w/ a blind of 600 and i called all in for 9k w/ KK. He had A3s and flopped an Ace. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, kind of justice there as you made a bloody awful call in the early stages on just a straight draw, to crack a set of Q's.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:10 PM

Losing hand...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t2000 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t52001)
Dirty (t48499)

Preflop: Dirty is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls t1000, <font color="#CC3333">Dirty raises to t10000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t52001</font>, Dirty calls t38399 (All-In).

Flop: (t100400) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t100400) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t100400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t100400

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has 8d 9d (two pair, eights and sixes).
Dirty has Ah Js (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Button wins t100400. </font>
Old 10-23-2005, 06:11 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

That A/10 vs. A/9 hand, I had actually raised with A/10 of spades, the short-stacked pushed (I had every intention of calling) and then Rick (I think?) pushed and I got out of the way, only to see I was actually ahead, oy vey! Saved me some chips though, since the 9 hit the river.

Alright, gotta be into work in 5 hours, going to try and take a nap, good game all, never thought I'd make it as far as I did. Final table and was chip leader with some lucky hands and catches, but couldn't make that first place happen.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao, you donks learn nothing on here. You play worse than the fish on Party!

[/ QUOTE ]

From the first guy out.

P.S. Pay me.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:17 PM

gg all - and wp FJ - can't wait for the results [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way that hand where you said 'nh' to me, I had 55, but it might as well have been 72o, as I had nothing on the board..

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - nice play

stoneii