Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: MGM - misdeal or dead hand?

what the hell? Shame on the dealer for even calling the floor in this case. The guy had no money invested in the pot. What possible benefit does he have for calling a misdeal?

I thought MGM had some pretty damn good dealers too
Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shame on the dealer for even calling the floor in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the OP:
[ QUOTE ]
Dealer says “UTG+1 declared raise, you were next to act and your cards were over the line. I thought you folded and I mucked the cards. The hand is dead. Continue the hand ”.

MP says “No, that’s a misdeal” and calls for the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer didn't call the floor, MP did. But the dealer should call the floor if MP had a problem with his actions anyway. "When in doubt, call the floor."
Old 09-21-2005, 11:37 PM

There is no point to be argued and it's a waste of everyone's time. I guess a rule is a rule though.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:33 AM

Sounds to me like at least two people acted... since UTG+2 didn't protect his cards it could be argued that 3 people acted. Significant action... move along.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is no point to be argued and it's a waste of everyone's time. I guess a rule is a rule though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the dealer didn't call the floor. The OP clearly said the player called the floor.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:28 AM

That does it! I'm through with the B&M forum.

I just can't take any more "It's the dealer's fault!" posts, in threads where the circumstances were far beyond the dealer's control.

[ QUOTE ]
But sometimes you might be stacking chips from winning a pot or tipping a cocktail waitress and the action might get to you a little quicker than expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if a player decides that he's not going to protect his hand for a few moments, it becomes the dealers responsibility for that period of time? "Tipping the waitress" is not an excuse for failing to protect your hand.

And now, we've hit an all-time low: we're ragging on the dealer for calling the floor. NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING.

Arreevaderchy, B&M. See you in OOT.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I generally agree that its his fault for not protecting his cards but with one caveat. Were his cards still lying where they were dealt and had he just been a little slow in picking them up? In that case I have some sympathy and I dont think the dealer can claim the hand was mucked because theyre over the line if he hadnt touched them yet.

[/ QUOTE ]No sympathy - the dealer was pitching the cards over the line.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Floor messed that up big-time.

First, MP had no money in, so declaring his hand dead has no consequences to him, whereas a misdeal obviously has consequences for the raiser - he loses cards that were presumably good, so even by "customer is always right" standards the hand should continue.

[/ QUOTE ]More background - I was UTG with KQs and I was mightily pissed.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, as has been pointed out, that's why the line is there.

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely.

[ QUOTE ]
Third, he looked like he was about to call, meaning he had looked at his cards before UTG+1 raised. I don't expect a 4/8 player to be especially smart, but if he's smart enough to declare a misdeal, you'd think he'd be smart enough to look at his cards in turn. (And how much time was he taking for the cards to get mucked before he even noticed he had no cards? Dealer was grabbing folded cards in turn, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]Let's not give this guy too much credit for smarts. When I looked up he was reaching for chips and realized he didn't have cards. I had clearly declared a raise and put up my bet. I saw the dealer pick up his cards right after I bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who's trying to figure out what kind of angle MP might have been shooting?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think he was angle-shooting. I think he was pissed that his cards were mucked and just wanted to raise a stink to get the dealer in trouble.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That does it! I'm through with the B&M forum.

I just can't take any more "It's the dealer's fault!" posts, in threads where the circumstances were far beyond the dealer's control.

[ QUOTE ]
But sometimes you might be stacking chips from winning a pot or tipping a cocktail waitress and the action might get to you a little quicker than expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if a player decides that he's not going to protect his hand for a few moments, it becomes the dealers responsibility for that period of time? "Tipping the waitress" is not an excuse for failing to protect your hand.

And now, we've hit an all-time low: we're ragging on the dealer for calling the floor. NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING.

Arreevaderchy, B&M. See you in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't leave YTF! Are you suggesting that there are fewer fools in OOT?
There was no getting around a floor decision. UTG+1 was insisting upon it.