Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: QQ out of the bb $55, extracting value

[ QUOTE ]
I would not call an all in on the river, unless I had a read on the guy, but this early in the tourney probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, villain has played the hand pretty passively. Although, I'll freely admit this is a leak on my part if someone can give me a convincing argument. I personally put villain on a pair of jacks. But I could be sticking my neck out here.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would not call an all in on the river, unless I had a read on the guy, but this early in the tourney probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, villain has played the hand pretty passively. Although, I'll freely admit this is a leak on my part if someone can give me a convincing argument. I personally put villain on a pair of jacks. But I could be sticking my neck out here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he did pot the flop, and almost pot the turn so I think he could have alot of hands better than a pair of jacks. If he fires the river he almost definitely does. Look how scary the board is, why would one pair fire a river that was checked to him? Dude would just want a showdown.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:49 PM

No PF raise... horrible... why give them implied odds on a hand that you can easily be trapped with?

Given that though....

You are calling there on a board that coordinated on that flop!?!?! Clear raise.

Obvious check on the river though given the way you played it. No much that you beat will pay you off here.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be a pair of Jacks, I thought Hero was doing the betting, but since it was mp2 you should have re-raised the flop to see where you were at. Come back with a 150 re-raise.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you put Villain on a pair of Jacks, Dont you think he would bet the flop or the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he bet both the flop and the turn.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 PM

Hey, it's another Chaostracize hand.

PF: fine, you check, this is completely OOP so it's worse than when he did it but OK, whatever

Flop: Hey, a board with every draw in the world and I can represent a vulnerable hand so I bet...wait, no, I check, but somebody has to have hit this so the CR is OK...wait, no, my finger slipped and I called instead.

When you check/call the turn again either your finger slipped one more time or...I dunno, what are you trying to do here? If you thought he had AJ CR or bet at some point before this, but even if you make it here, do you think you're gonna get more chips out of him when he sees the river 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] than right now? If you put him on a draw now is the time to get the chips in, too. If you have him on nothing at all you're really gonna hate most rivers. This hand sucks.

PS: calling a river raise is horrible
Old 09-13-2005, 10:05 PM

The one thing I can say for sure about this hand is that I hate calling a river raise.

I think I like trying to get lots of chips in on the flop. For one thing your hand is obviously vulnerable. Also, many of the hands that may be willing to put lots of chips in on the flop will be of the pair+OESD variety, & you have good defense against that draw.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:15 PM

no no no no no no no. qq is a strong hand that is vulnerable. do yourself a favor, and dont play them like this again in a sng.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing I can say for sure about this hand is that I hate calling a river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

But do you call it?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:31 PM

What's wrong with extracting value with big pockets when it's easier and when you're most likely ahead? That is of course when there are several cards yet to come. Let them see all the cards and they'll pay you when they catch and fold when they don't.

And no, you can't possibly call a raise on the river. I wouldn't even call any big bet. You're only ahead AJ, KJ and QJ which are unlikely to keep firing the river, and you're beat by a huge range of hands like JT, J9, TT, T9, 98 etc. which are all very believable hands for villain to be holding.