Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Cash in your ARP!

You can now buy gift certificates in the ARP store. Simply order one or more for a friend and have them cash it in for you!

850 ARP = $50
Old 12-18-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Cash in your ARP!

this is good news.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can now buy gift certificates in the ARP store. Simply order one or more for a friend and have them cash it in for you!

850 ARP = $50

[/ QUOTE ]

Or use them in the spirit that they were intended. I bought $100 worth for my fiance. I bought them right away and told her about it, becuase I noticed Absolute reserved the right to cancel the promotion. I figured it was only a matter of time before somebody decided to abuse the hell out of what is a generous offer and a great use for points.

I am sure you guys will teach Absolute a lesson for offering such a nice promotion.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:18 PM

I was hoping to do just that.
If anyone wants to do a trade PM me, although I only have enough ARPs for a $25 GC.
makes me wish I had taken advantage of more deposit bonuses when they used to give ARPs for deposits.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone wants to do a trade PM me, although I only have enough ARPs for a $25 GC.
makes me wish I had taken advantage of more deposit bonuses when they used to give ARPs for deposits.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the spirit.. should only be a matter of time now before they cancel the promotion. You guys really suck sometimes.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the spirit.. should only be a matter of time now before they cancel the promotion. You guys really suck sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up buddy.
There is no "spirit" here -- we're poker players. All that matters in this pursuit is the bottom line -- Absolute introduces a pretty +EV promotion and we're not supposed to take full advantage because of the "spirit" of the thing?
Gimme a break.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lighten up buddy.
There is no "spirit" here -- we're poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in this case you are a thief... plain and simple. The terms and conditions of the offer explicitly prohibit what you are doing.

If you were a poker player you would be playing poker instead of trying to go through contortions to scam a website out of $50-$100.

I think it is a great offer by Absolute, it is just a shame that so many of you are looking to run a scam job on a website that is already very generous to their players in terms of bonus and rakeback.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a great offer by Absolute, it is just a shame that so many of you are looking to run a scam job on a website that is already very generous to their players in terms of bonus and rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. I agree with you, but I also think you should be able to simple exchange the points for money.

I do agree however that internet poker players as a whole, and specifically low limit bonus whores, have a tendancy to abuse promotions and rationalize it in the name of EV.

This one is so easy to abuse, however, that it seems difficult to fault players.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:51 PM

Thank you for the ethics lesson, your belief system intrigues me.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lighten up buddy.
There is no "spirit" here -- we're poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in this case you are a thief... plain and simple. The terms and conditions of the offer explicitly prohibit what you are doing.

If you were a poker player you would be playing poker instead of trying to go through contortions to scam a website out of $50-$100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scam job? Come on. They offer this knowing full well that players will try to make as much $$ off of it as they can. Promotions like these (and their plethora of bonuses) are what cause them to even have players. If they decide it isn't worth it for them, they'll cancel the promotion. Until then, I expect every intelligent poker player to take advantage of it. It's not a matter of ethics. It's merely another form of rakeback.