Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Another HOH error

On Pg. 185 (Pt. 5: Betting before the flop; Basic strategy; KQ, KJ and QJ) Harrington writes that from mid-position, he would play KQ first in "with a mix of 60% raises and 40% folds." whereas he would play KJ under the same circumstances "with a mixture of 50% raises and 50% calls."

It doesn't make sense that he would fold KQ 40% of the time, but would never fold KJ under the same circumstances. So there was probably a typo. My guess is that he meant to write that he would call, not fold, with KQ 40% of the time.

P.S. If I come accross more errata, shold I post them here, or is there someone I should pm/email about them?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Another HOH error

I believe this and other errors have been posted before. You might try doing a search before e-mailing anyone.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this and other errors have been posted before. You might try doing a search before e-mailing anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing about searching is, I never know what terms to search for. I searched posts mad in this forum during the past four months for any post with "error" in the title, and didn't find anything. That doesn't mean that there wasn't such a post that had "mistake" or "typo" or "errata" or "misprint" or any of a dozen or so similar words in the title. I'm not gonna break out the thesaurus and search for every word that means error.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing about searching is, I never know what terms to search for. I searched posts mad in this forum during the past four months for any post with "error" in the title, and didn't find anything. That doesn't mean that there wasn't such a post that had "mistake" or "typo" or "errata" or "misprint" or any of a dozen or so similar words in the title. I'm not gonna break out the thesaurus and search for every word that means error.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent point.

I continue to believe that it is the responsibility of any professional publisher to publicize the errata of their publications. When I buy a book, I expect the information therein to be correct given that is the representation made by the publisher. If that information is NOT correct, one would think the publisher would feel an obligation to bring that information to the attention of their customers.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:34 PM

Yeah I noticed an error last night, I had to re-read it like 10 times to make sure. Will post it later.