Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: PokerShare - CROCK!

i think 100K would be much better spent via internet advertising toward a specific, poker playing segment of the population rather than a brief reference in the news to a bunch of people who dont care.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think 100K would be much better spent via internet advertising toward a specific, poker playing segment of the population rather than a brief reference in the news to a bunch of people who dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]

They spent $0.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 PM

i see. it was just total BS to get a spot. that actually is a semi-good idea
Old 09-27-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They spent $0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how much money GP has blown, I think you guys are giving them WAY too much credit to think this was just a stunt to get some press.

And although it's said in a pun, I think the truth lies with "An online poker site wasn't bluffing when it offered $100,000 to have its name stamped on a community."
Old 09-27-2005, 11:36 PM

your ability to list these purchases proves that obviously this kind of advertising is a huge waste of money and that any site to follow in their footsteps would be extremely foolish
Old 09-27-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They spent $0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how much money GP has blown, I think you guys are giving them WAY too much credit to think this was just a stunt to get some press.

And although it's said in a pun, I think the truth lies with "An online poker site wasn't bluffing when it offered $100,000 to have its name stamped on a community."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, If they wanted to waste 100k they would've bought grilled cheese. Offer a baptist 100K for his sweet soul and it costs nothing.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:16 AM

This post is a "crock"!

They spent nothing for good publicity in a country where they can't legally advertise. How is that a bad idea?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:50 AM

How can people fault them when they spent zero dollars and are in the news?

I think some people aren't happy unless they are complaining.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:10 AM

Just a reminder of my previous post:

[ QUOTE ]
did not see anything about rake rebate at your site, so this of course changes the picture (if you have a competitive offer on this). I am still sceptical to the 40% profit thing though since you basically determine your own salaries (you still own 60%) and which suppliers will be used which can be run by the same people (good way to keep money away from the players).

Not accusing you directly of this, you might be a dead honest guy. Just saying that these kind of concepts can easily be exploited this way and IMO you should put forward a high degree of openess on how $s have been spent so far (to estimate downwriting), fixed costs and marginal costs. Also use a credible auditor and make the audits available for the players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This post is a "crock"!

They spent nothing for good publicity in a country where they can't legally advertise. How is that a bad idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now they also have another poker forum thread about them! Cheaper then a pokershare.net commercial! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]