Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 01:06 AM

Default \"Online Series of Poker\" - wtf?

1.) How did the ISOP tank and this thing take off, seems like a cheap imposter?

2.) Why does the "Online" series of poker have a live B&M final event (maybe "event" is too strong a word, how about 10 player sit'n'go)?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: \"Online Series of Poker\" - wtf?

[ QUOTE ]
1.) How did the ISOP tank and this thing take off, seems like a cheap imposter?

2.) Why does the "Online" series of poker have a live B&M final event (maybe "event" is too strong a word, how about 10 player sit'n'go)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, just so people who were under 21 would have no incentive to play since they can't play in the Taj, but they participate online. Joking of course.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 AM

Sorry, I posted about the OSOP before I saw this thread.

I think this one has a ton of money contributed from the five sites that are participating in it, so it might have a better chance with the ISOP.

I'm not really familiar with what went on with the ISOP, so I'm not really sure why that tanked.

Are people staying away from the OSOP because of something that went on with the ISOP? Did people get ripped off or something?
Old 05-13-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think this one has a ton of money contributed from the five sites that are participating in it, so it might have a better chance with the ISOP.

I'm not really familiar with what went on with the ISOP, so I'm not really sure why that tanked.

Are people staying away from the OSOP because of something that went on with the ISOP? Did people get ripped off or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one got ripped off - it was just this huge build up by 2 +2 that never got off the ground right.

I think they might have started too big, and then choose a secondary sight to use for the first tournament.

I think the OSOP has it right - starting with 5 sites, 10 events, and using sites that most people already have an account on.

I haven't seen people say they were staying away, and I'm sure if the sites run satelites for the events, people will be glad to join up.

What will be interesting, is if you have to "register" with the OSOP, or just choose to play in the events.

Also- the ISOP was going to be $1,000 events, these are much smaller buy ins.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:31 PM

The "Live Event" final is an added reward for the individual event winners. A free trip to Atlantic City.

You can just play in the events, but to eligible for the event final and the leaderboard prizes, you must be registered.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in one sentence you are an expert. in the next sentence you profess to know nothing. in the last part you suggest people got ripped off.

NOBODY GOT RIPPED OFF

isop was sponsored fully by the sites. OPOP is an affiliate scheme run by PSO. it will get as much activity as any affiliate based tourney system can expect.

there is nothing similar about them.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The "Live Event" final is an added reward for the individual event winners. A free trip to Atlantic City.

You can just play in the events, but to eligible for the event final and the leaderboard prizes, you must be registered.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you the owner or organizer of this event? you are in all of these threads and it seems you should identify your affiliation with OSOP
Old 05-13-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in one sentence you are an expert. in the next sentence you profess to know nothing. in the last part you suggest people got ripped off.

NOBODY GOT RIPPED OFF

isop was sponsored fully by the sites. OPOP is an affiliate scheme run by PSO. it will get as much activity as any affiliate based tourney system can expect.

there is nothing similar about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed to be an expert. I said I thought (hint: this may be opinion) this sounds like a good deal. I never suggested that people got ripped off, I ASKED.

I said I have no idea what happened with ISOP and asked a QUESTION about it, because I wondered if it might affect the way people view the OSOP.

I am in no way affiliated with the OSOP. I was going to play in two of the events that I already have poker accounts with the sites.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about it on here, since it seems like a pretty good deal for online players. I asked in the multi-table tournament thread, but people seemed to reject the question because it dealt with online poker. So I moved the discussion to an online gambling thread in hopes to get more opinions about it. Then I saw this thread and apologized for starting another thread about it when it was unecessary.

I don't know what more I can do. If you don't think this thing is worthwhile I'd like to hear your opinions about it.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:37 PM

In your first reply you say that the OSOP is an affiliate scheme run by PSO. In the other reply you ask if I'm the owner. Which is it? Can I ask why you are putting down the OSOP? There's an obvious answer, but would like to here yours.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:41 PM

In your first reply you say that the OSOP is an affiliate scheme run by PSO. In the other reply you ask if I'm the owner. Which is it?

I've already called you out twice for spamming for PSO, count this as number three.

Lori