Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Reaching for his wallet...

At a friendly home game last night. $5 buy-in. We play several times a week so I should have a very good read on all these guys, but this one was a first...

First to act friend pushes all-in for $2.20 into a $2 pot or so. I'm next to act and there's one more player behind me. I have QQ on a board of T 8 7 T T. I'm about to call without much thought, until he starts reaching into his pocket. He takes out his wallet and starts counting out $5. He gets the money out and then stares at me.

Anyone ever seen this? What happened in your case?

*Edit* Push size
Old 08-09-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Reaching for his wallet...

Its sort of hard for me to lay this down. But don't listen to me. I am a world class puffer fish in games this small.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:51 AM

SIIHP

<font color="white"> sorry... I think OOT is an infection. Its like the STD of the twoplustwo boards.</font>
Old 08-09-2005, 10:44 AM

Could you clarify something? How much does the player left to act have in front of him? Why are you worried about him pulling out $5? I would assume this meant he intends to call any bet which would put him all-in, and he's not very confident in his holdings. The $5 is to buy more chips AFTER this hand finishes.

If you're worried that the $5 is to raise you right now on this hand, tell him to put it away, you're playing table stakes right?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:50 AM

Are you worried that he pulled his wallet out intentionally to make it look like he's about to rebuy to try and sucker you into calling? Even if this is the case i can't lay this down. Nothing would be better than having him hatch this brilliant scheme to look weak and get you to call, only to showdown JJ. I call here.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:51 AM

A T is unlikely, especially if he's just staring at you.
AA and KK, you would have known before this point in the hand. I don't think this move can turn your call into a fold.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-09-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play NL cash game for $5. That is lame and embarassing, I can't believe you even admit to playing this game on a public forum. You, along with your parents and relatives should be ashamed to share the same blood as you.
You are a coward.

Also thats an easy call dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah!!

The only bigger cowards are those millions of people playing online for no money whatsoever!!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play NL cash game for $5. That is lame and embarassing, I can't believe you even admit to playing this game on a public forum. You, along with your parents and relatives should be ashamed to share the same blood as you.
You are a coward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame and unfunny. Keep trying.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:19 PM

Obviously I called. I did think about folding for quite sometime though. I wouldn't put it past him to start taking out his second buy-in and have me call in a flash only for him to show the case ten and start laughing at me. The guys at my game do this kind of stuff often.

I wasn't really asking for clarification on folding or calling, also. I think it's pretty obvious it's a call.