Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BB/Hand all hands
-0.02 or worse 0 0%
-0.01 1 3.03%
0.00 1 3.03%
0.01 3 9.09%
0.02 6 18.18%
0.03 5 15.15%
0.04 or better 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Suited connectors after 2-3 limpers

If the equity isn't there I would probably be better off folding I guess. But if raising actually helps the play of my hand and raises the equity, maybe that's the better way to go. I'm just giving some arguments here, im not arguing it makes it right..

1-More so in the case of two maybe 3 callers, but I can take down a pot when an ace falls a decent amount of the time. In a more general sense, I can represent bigger preflop raising hands later in the hand. That should raise the playing value of my 89s.

2-I should be able to make more when I hit two pair, a str8 or flush b/c of deception and b/c people are tied onto a pot. That should raise the equity a little.

3-I will get a free card a decent amount of time on the flop and get a profitable str8 or flush draw on turn. I'll also bet a draw on flop and get to check it on turn sometimes That should raise the value of my hand some also.

So basically, I guess the argument would go that the hand could get playing advantages that push it into being profitable where it might not be profitable had I called. I'm in no way sold on this argument and reserve the right to fall back on Shania argumentation, or change my play entirely for my night session. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree that there are a lot of preflop raises I'm missing, but I don't think I'll go about adding them in order. This seems like actually a more playable raise than A5s UTG to me or similar ones I should add, but I'm a position whore who does best in multiway pots rather than HU.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Suited connectors after 2-3 limpers

JTs I definetly raise T9s 50/50.I am not sure after how many limpers was required but Ed Miller suggest raising T9s in a full ring game on the button.