Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 1 Hand: Call or Fold?

This highlights one of the things I find fascinating about poker. Because of the PF chips in the pot you are each getting odds to go to the felt here. You played the hand aggressivily, but correctly, and he correctly called. the rest is just how the cards come out. If you can't live with the varience of not hitting your huge draw, don't play it so aggressive. I personally liked your play alot, but you have to be ready to go broke when the draw doesn't hit.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 1 Hand: Call or Fold?

I have no regrets with the way I played the hand, just the way he did. From the looks of it, the consessus is that he made the right call...although I disagree.

Like I said though, Im bias.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Results

I agree with everything you said.

I think even whispering that calling with KT there is anything close to automatic is, to put it bluntly, retarded. I don't even think all that hard about this if I'm KT and I fold it.

I also find it hilarious that people think it is completely unreasonable that someone might limp UTG1 with TT/JJ/AQ after a UTG limper. Any one of these 3 hands has you by the balls, and in my opinion, all are more likely after the push all-in than JT, QT, A5c, or any other such garbage.

I'd be pissed if I got busted by someone calling with that too.

(Oh, and you are "biased", not "bias")