Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Just a hand...

Same game as in bunky9590 post 20-40 Borg same people same opponents. I have the best sit the house with Bunky and Scrub to my left and bunch of loose passive people to my right.
I am 2 off the button and dealt KJoff. UTG (same dude as in Bunky post) and MP1 limp (what else is new) i am thinking of raising but hear someone stacking 8 chips together in his head and just limp. As expected Bunky raises and we all call.
Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to Bunky who bet , all call and i check raise, all call.
Turn is off suite 3 UTG bets...I raise and all but UTG fold.
River is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and UTG checks...i Bet...comments? I am most curious about preflop and turn action (flop and river are fairly simple).
Old 12-18-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Just a hand...

[ QUOTE ]
have the best sit the house with Bunky and Scrub to my left and bunch of loose passive people to my right.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did have a great seat, especially for this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I am 2 off the button and dealt KJoff. UTG (same dude as in Bunky post) and MP1 limp (what else is new) i am thinking of raising but hear someone stacking 8 chips together in his head and just limp. As expected Bunky raises and we all call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really gotta work on that ESP tell. I really liked the flop checkraise on your part, great position to do it, they wont fold to my bet, and they will certainly call the raise when its one bet back to them. I wasnt sure if it was a value raise to build a draw or if it was a good made hand. With that board, it could have been a lot of things, and since you KNOW I was gonna bet, the C/R set itself up perfectly. This incidentally was one of the few decent sized pots I saw in my short tenure there.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is off suite 3 UTG bets...I raise and all but UTG fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quickly realized that my AJs was no good there. UTG with the stop and go was just bizzare, when you raised the turn, I put you on KJ or a set of deuces, but most likely KJ. Easy fold for me. I think you maximized the amount you got out of all of us though, the value bet on the end I liked the way the hand played out.

Great meeting you by the way and hope to see you more often.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:01 AM

bumpage.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:44 PM

i would´ve folded preflop

rest is nice
Old 12-19-2004, 03:42 PM

Thats pretty much my main question. Since it is clearly ok to limp with KJ on a CO is it still ok to limp if you know that button is raising? Is raise a better option in that spot? Fold?
Old 12-19-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: My opinion on PF

Hey bud.

If you would have raised those two limprs, you don't need much of a monster hand to do it. (i.e. it doesn't have to be Ak, AQ, etc.) Had you raised I would have actually three bet the AJs. Not as much to isolate, but to blow out the limpers and have position on one of the 3 solid players at the table in a HU pot. Now, as it sits, I would have lost more money that way, because you're obviously not folding for one more bet PF, so it all works out in the wash.

You also know I don't need a monster to raise 3 limpers on the button there either. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Nice hand my friend , and nicely played.