Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: JTs may be spewing from SB

I am participating in Wookie's Challenge so bear with me.

[b]Preflop:[/Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

I do not like the raise in this spot. i do not think it is for value, or even profitable (besides the fact that you are OOP). Calling the 3-bet is a bit of a spew to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

With so many players in I decided to raise and build the pot in case I hit a draw with what could possibly be the best hand. Probably not since BB 3-bet me but he is rated a taz. Thats the only read I have other than the table is very loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though the BB may be a taz you are still OOP on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flop: (20 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

With 5 opponents I didn't mind to keep building the pot with my draw that needs to dodge a spade it seems. Is this spew??

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as outs: i think that you have maybe 6 outs. The A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] arent clean because they put three to the flush on a board that is being raised and capped by the BB.
as far as pot odds: Over 20 to 1 on the flop bet i guess i would call.
Also i am not sure you can say it is a 3 bet on the flop for value because there are a lot of hands you are behind.
All in all i say it is a chip spew.

Where am i wrong, and what points am i missing?