Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Live hand - triple check raise!

I like betting out on every street with trips especially with the read on UTG. The UTG with KK is going to raise you on both the flop and the turn giving you a chance to 3-bet on the turn and forcing the flush draw to make bad calls or fold. The paired 6 may slow him down on the river so bet it too.

On the turn you have to fade 9 outs, 8 clubs + K, giving your opponents a 1:3 chance of beating your hand. Why risk a large pot with fancy play, try and push them out of the hand.

Plus nobody can get mad at you for betting out with trips after the hand.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like betting out on every street with trips especially with the read on UTG. The UTG with KK is going to raise you on both the flop and the turn giving you a chance to 3-bet on the turn and forcing the flush draw to make bad calls or fold. The paired 6 may slow him down on the river so bet it too.

On the turn you have to fade 9 outs, 8 clubs + K, giving your opponents a 1:3 chance of beating your hand. Why risk a large pot with fancy play, try and push them out of the hand.

Plus nobody can get mad at you for betting out with trips after the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would bet the flop? I agree that if UTG raises me that it increases my winning chances, but with three callers, I would think that it's better the way it played out than have UTG raise people out. True I am dodging 9 outs, but I have 6 outs to fill up (plus the runner runner pair coming up) and if you factor in the board pairing their chances are definitely less than 1:3.

The turn c/r was the play that I was questioning the most, to be honest. Obviously it worked out well, and I think that a LOT of it was read-dependent and also hinged on the spectator announcing my supposed flush draw, but I'm just wondering if you guys like it or think that it was too risky.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're worried about a 2-outer? You risk the pot here because your equity against those two hands only is near 80%, and there is probably at least one player drawing completely dead but still electing to call down, meaning your equity five-handed is probably even better than that.

With most sets your thinking should not be "I had better get people out of the pot so I can win it," it should be "I have an amazing hand, so how can I get as much money in this pot as possible?"