Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Best Price on Aeron Chair?

Got mine for 600 at an outfit called sit4less.com, about 3 years ago. It was the lower-end, the one with all the bells & whistles adjustments was 800. Originally got it for work, but since I changed jobs it has been in front of my home computer.

Definitely worth it. I love this chair. You won't be disappointed. I think the best thing about it isn't the adjustments, but the mesh design which keeps you from developing a case of "swamp ass" after a couple of hours.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:14 PM

There are other chairs that are *almost* the same thing, but for much lower price. With aeron chairs you are paying for name brand. Check out office max and staples, I got a compareable chair for $150 with $20 mail in rebate, and I love it. It obviously is not the same thing, but has many of the same features on an aeron chair + a 15 year warranty.

It is called a situations multi-function chair.

good luck
Old 10-02-2005, 06:37 PM

You can try extorting one from your RB officer. I did.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:15 PM

The Aeron chair is an Ok chair but that is all it is. Basically you are paying for the name and you could get a similarly comfortable chair for much less.

I am an ergonomist and have evaluated and sat in all the high end chairs for many hours. If you really want a high end chair go for the Freedom chair by Humanscale. It is infinitely better than the Aeron chair. I believe you can pick them up for $800.

If you do decide to go with the Aeron do not bother with all the additional options they really are not worth the money.

Hope this helps
Old 10-02-2005, 09:57 PM

Ergonomist? Is there even such a thing? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 02:29 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to buy one today for $470 delivered. No leather arms and no posturefit, but I might try to get a posturefit separately. The lumbar support is kind of uncomfortable for my particular posture, but I really like this thing so far.

It's funny, its making all the spots that I have been abusing through poor posture hurt. So I'm sitting straight now, in pain. Ironic. It will get better though.

At some point if I'm feeling nice I'll post a picture of the x-ray that was taken of my back at a chiropractors recently. Didn't think a 27 y.o.'s spine was supposed to look like that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Eric
Old 10-03-2005, 12:00 PM

i have purchased a couple chairs over the net and in office stores, and not been happy.

the last one is vie except the actual seat of the chair doesn't tilt back when the back reclines, and i feel like i am going to slide out of the chair.

does the aeron seat move when the back moves?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want a high end chair go for the Freedom chair by Humanscale.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second this. I am very happy with my Freedom chair.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 PM

i was price shopping and ended up calling the HumanScale manufacturer. They gave me the name of someone in my home town who is going to deliver a store model high back chair in the $500 dollar range.

When I talked to the manufacturers' sales office, sales rep said the prices I mentioned online in the $700 range seemed high to him.

I will know more on Wednesday.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are they worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked for a company with these for about a year and a half. Never once experienced back pain. Got a new job and the new job didn't have these chairs. Started having back and neck pains approximately 2 weeks in.

Yes, they're worth it.