Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 11:22 PM

Default low hand slugfest

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

Maybe a dodgy call with all the low cards calling in front of me, but I think I have to see 4th street at least. With only two more guys to act I can't see how completing here does me much good.

4th Street - (3.30 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.65 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.65 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

River - (6.65 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (8.65 BB)

Results:
Total pot $17.30 | Rake $0.75

Hero: [6d 7s 4d 2d Qd Ks 9h] (HI: high card King)

Seat 7: [Ac 3c 7d 2c Js 8h Ts] (HI: high card Ace; LO: 8,7,3,2,A)

I almost pulled it off. I just need to catch better river cards.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: low hand slugfest

Dude...there is not bluffing in 1-2 Stud8...believe me, been there done that. GL!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:26 PM

that river is ALWAYS and check/fold.

Someone has either a low or a pair given there's 3 low cards up on both villains. You will be called no matter what.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:33 PM

An ace on the river would have been sweet.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:35 PM

Your hand is dead as hell on 3rd street with lots of low cards out. Muckzilla.

Jeff
Old 09-22-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Someone has either a low or a pair given there's 3 low cards up on both villains. You will be called no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is dead as hell on 3rd street with lots of low cards out. Muckzilla.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the corpse is cut into pieces and buried seperately on 4th as well.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:38 AM

Pretty crazy how relatively similar your hands are.

I admit a lot of the time I see 4th here, but the problem is so many of the other lows have to bust out and you really want one of the 3 remaining fives. You hit a good card on 4th, but I'd still be getting that bad feeling in the back of my head that I might end up with a rough low on the river in a big pot. The root of the problem was on 3rd maybe, granted if the game its crazy I still probably peel one because I could feel my way out of it, or so I'd like to think.

River is a checkfold I think, as it didnt take me long to learn that river bluffing just isn't really done in this game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Had Seat 7's Ace been a 5, I would have picked up the high half.

I think on each street I had just enough reason to stay in. The bet on 4th was to try and get rid of folks, then everyone bricks 5th and flush draw gave me a lot more outs.

Rivering an Ace would have been an amazing scoop, I hadn't even noticed that til it was pointed out.

The river bet--well I was feeling frisky, figured I'd take a stab for the hell of it. I knew I wasn't winning anything if I checked. It did get one guy to fold though and even the caller's hand was pretty crappy (mine was just crappier [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 09-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Nice try, been there, done that many times myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The only bluffs on the river that are successful with any consistency is when your opponent has missed his low, has a small open pair that beats you, and you have been betting all the way with a few overcards in the window... some players will not call with a lone pair of fours, for example, if they miss their low on the end.

Mike