Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Two hands - AA and TT

Here are two hands that I think I misplayed. The hands occured a few minutes right after I sat down at the table so no reads. On the AA hand when villian bet the flop then just called my raise and checked the turn I couldn't put him on a Queen so there was no reason to slow down on the river or was there? With the TT hand I was sure he had at least a pair of jacks or another caller did and I was drawing to two outs. Anyone disagree with how I played these hands?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: (11.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 08-28-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Two hands - AA and TT

I like both of these hands. On hand 2, if the flop was a little more coordinated you may want to do a stop n go on the flop/turn. The reason for this is that he may be raising some sort of draw, or a 2nd pair. On this ragged flop, sure looks like a jack.
Edit: Like absolute said, if you're gonna check/fold the turn, you might as well just fold the flop.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:38 PM

hand #1: what do you think he had on the flop? Qs you're screwed unless you hit your 2 outer. flush draw- well it came in on the river, which is a good continuation bet seeing you have the nut flush (provided villain doesn't have KQ).

all that to say: make your river bet decision based on your flop play decision. personally, if you're playing the flop this way, you have to check that river behind. and FWIW, i'm simply calling down that flop bet since he may be bluffing a flush draw or lower pocket pair, plus we have the BDFD nut if needed. the river decision if the flush didn't come in, is read-based.

hand #2: if you figured him(or someone for the Jack), why would you call the flop? you don't have the odds to continue. fold the flop.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand #1: what do you think he had on the flop? Qs you're screwed unless you hit your 2 outer. flush draw- well it came in on the river, which is a good continuation bet seeing you have the nut flush (provided villain doesn't have KQ).

all that to say: make your river bet decision based on your flop play decision. personally, if you're playing the flop this way, you have to check that river behind. and FWIW, i'm simply calling down that flop bet since he may be bluffing a flush draw or lower pocket pair, plus we have the BDFD nut if needed. the river decision if the flush didn't come in, is read-based.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pocket-pair or two will often pay off here. Also, most flushes or trips are going to check/raise the turn.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pocket-pair or two will often pay off here. Also, most flushes or trips are going to check/raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're betting this river, you need to fold to the c/r. only retards pay this river off with lower pocket pairs.