Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 04:24 AM

Default First trip to Commerce....

SWEET JESUS!!!!!!

It took 10 minutes for the first 3 hands to be dealt. This crazy Asian lady with black sunglasses called for the floor over and over and over again. Someone limp-capped preflop with Q7o, UNDER THE GUN. I would need fingers and toes to count the number of times there were 15 SB's or more in the pot preflop. Dealer abuse was taken to new and creative levels.

It was by far the most unreal experience I have ever had in a gambling establishment.

I must be talking about a 2/4 or 3/6 table, right? No - it was 20/40.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: First trip to Commerce....

[ QUOTE ]

It was by far the most unreal experience I have ever had in a gambling establishment.

I must be talking about a 2/4 or 3/6 table, right? No - it was 20/40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great punchline. GOD, I wish I had the bankroll for 20/40. Every time I go to Commerce and sit with the fish at 3/6, I cry at the thought of all the dead money at the tables in the nice front room -- with all the free food, nicer chairs, clean chips, and Oh the idiots...
Old 01-05-2005, 10:19 AM

And to think I speak to B&M players all the time who loose their shirts at Commerce. And each time I ask, they say they played more aggressivly than ever before. Its the school of fish theory, uneducated poker players start playing horribly at Commerce because they think thats the only way to surrvive. Suckers.....

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 12:01 PM

Did this Asian lady by any chance keep asking the dealer to scramble the cards every time she lost?
Old 01-05-2005, 12:06 PM

Commerce Rules.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:36 PM

The rule is only the button can ask for a scramble. Usually somebody will object to a non-button player asking for a scramble if he/she does it more than once.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:42 PM

That is a great rule.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:42 PM

I love the Commerce.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:01 PM

The 20-40 at Commerce may well be the best 20-40 game in the United States. I was there for a few days last year and just couldn't believe what was being shown down for huge amounts of bets. It was GREAT. And the free food is awesome too...and Bike down the street. Man, maybe I need to plan a return trip.

Jeff
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 AM

Wow if you guys think commerce is insane now.....ten years ago they used to have 20-30 $6-12 LHE tables going at one time every night with 30 racks or so on the table. It was a nightly occurence that players would walk from those games with 10 rack wins. It was also a common occurence to see people pull that much out of the $15-30 games as well.

I myself pulled 8 racks and then 7 racks out of a $3-6 LHE game at Bicycle on consecutive nights when some cowboy looking guy dropped over $2500 in two nights. Other people at the table were down amounts of $600-1000 as well. It used to be absolutely insane. On some weekends, there would be several tables with every hand going capped to the river with 8 players in.

Biggest win I ever saw in terms of number of chips was a dealer at the Bike won over $2300(23 racks) at a LHE $3-6 game over a ten hour period. Just insane.

Things slowed down after smoking was banned. People leaving the tables all the time makes smaller pots. It doesn't help that the ones smoking are usually the worst players. But things have really picked up again over the past year or so with all the television attention to poker. Games are as wild as they have been in 3-4 years or so.