Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Default QQ, multiway pot - standard?

UTG+1: Been playing with him for about 2 hours, but haven't seen anything special. Seems to make a large number of preflop calls, but plays fairly straightforward postflop.
MP1: Very tricky player that plays a lot of pots very aggressively, bluffs well and bets made hands just as well. I try to avoid him when possible.
MP2: Decent and somewhat straightforward player. Seen him limp with AQs and be aggressive with made hands postflop. Have never seen him show down a bluff for the 2 hours that I've been playing with him.

The two players to my right are TAGs, UTG+2 draws a lot.

$1-$2 NL Live, 10-handed

Approximate stacks:
Hero: $175
UTG+1: $400+
MP1: $200ish
MP2: $300+

Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop:
UTG folds, everyone else limps, Hero raises to $20, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, everyone else folds

Flop: ($90) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-K-x [either the K or x is a heart, I can't remember now] (4 players)
Hero...?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: QQ, multiway pot - standard?

...please?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:01 PM

Guess you have to decide how much you want this pot, and how much you're willig to risk to get it. With 3 callers the odds are VERY high that an A or K is out, so the only way you're really going to win is if you can convince your opponents that you have AA or AK.

If you feel there's a good chance that all of your opponents will fold (unlikely from what you describe) then you can lead 3/4 - 1 PSB. Fold to a raise. If you get callers you're done unless you catch a Q on the turn.

However the presence of the tricky player worries me. With 3 callers, I'm inclined to check/fold.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm inclined to check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2005, 05:07 PM

Is there anything that can be said for a bet < 1/2PSB
Old 10-26-2005, 05:17 PM

With the tricky player I'm inclined to say no. It looks too much like what it is - a probe/continuation bet. A tricky player will raise this just out of habit anticipating you'll fold to scare cards. Also, if someone has a weak A or K, a <1/2 PSB is too easy to call.