Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 11:44 PM

Default First hand checkup with PT...BIG (Dial-up beware)

Sorry its so big...im still trying to figure out how to work my screen capture program.....anyways. This is my first database on PT and I wanted to see if I had any major leaks just starting out. I've really been working on my Blinds (Attempt to steal and defend) I think I might be getting too agressive in the small pots as well (my VPIP has been getting bigger and bigger). Any opinions would be appreciated.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: First hand checkup with PT...BIG (Dial-up beware)

Your sample size is too small.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:00 AM

I saw the FAQ but a few people suggested in my first 50 posts to put one up after my first 5K, guess I'll wait for 10-15K hands...I guess that's why I never got a response from the last one. Anything you can see from this that sticks out as a leak, even with the small sample?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:04 AM

The sample size is fine for all the important indicator stats. (VPIP, PFR, AF, etc.) The only stats that require much larger samples before they converge are winrate, specific hands, and stats by position.

The three biggies (VPIP, PFR, AF) look excellent to me, and your WTSD and W$SD are in a good range. If you're losing right now, I'd say wait another 10K hands and re-evaluate.

[i]Edit: just noticed your winrate is above 2BB/100. I'm not sure where you think you have a leak, but these stats are textbook and your results are fantastic. What's the problem?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 12:17 AM

Im pretty consistnat...I fear going back to 1/2, I started there and developed some bad habits that lead to the near death of my 1000.00 bankroll. I had to humbly accept my failure and take a step back.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:23 AM

I don't think you're raising enough relative to the number of hands you're playing. The usual benchmarks look like 16/8, 18/10, and 20/12. It's probably a matter of not raising enough to punish and isolate a single loose limper.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you're raising enough relative to the number of hands you're playing. The usual benchmarks look like 16/8, 18/10, and 20/12. It's probably a matter of not raising enough to punish and isolate a single loose limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Aaron completely on this, and it may indicate why you had trouble at $1/$2. It becomes much more important to exploit the (less abundant) poor players as you move up.