Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Longish tourney trip report- Atlantic City

[ QUOTE ]
My next hand of note came in the second 20-minute round. 5 limpers to my $T100 blind, and I check my Queens waiting for the flop . The flop came 9c6c5d. I don't have a club.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats horrible.

[ QUOTE ]
Early on, I was playing tight- I picked my spots to raise,
winning most of the hands I took beyond the flop without having to show down. Then right before the end of the 3rd round I made a steal raise in early position with A5s, after UTG limped, thinking I had a good chance to take down the pot and avoid having to add-on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think any of that made sense. Don't play if you really don't want to add on. I don't considering raising from early position when someone has already limped, a "steal raise."

[ QUOTE ]
The very next hand, I had ATo when 2 players limped in
front. I decided it wouldn't work twice in a row and dumped it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously.

[ QUOTE ]
Now he was UTG and threw all of his chips into the pot, obviously still on tilt. He only had T5100 and I read him as
having less than a strong hand. The player in between umped, and I decided to move all-in (with only two big stacks behind me, including the suckout player from the Aces hand).

The BB threw in his last T5300 after I pushed my 18,100 into
the pot with J8s. He held 92h, the tilter had J3c, and I was in even better shape when an 8 flopped. My hand was better than the other two by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try describing the action in order. I don't mind the push, since he literally has any 2 cards and you want to isolate.