Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Where are the fish? Going to Vegas this weekend!!

I'm going to Vegas this weekend and will be looking for mostly $100 max buy in No limit games. I would also like to play a few tourneys while i'm there.

A friend of mine went last week and said he ran into a lot of fish at Imperial Palace and Aladin. He didn't go downtown.

I'm staying at the Golden Nugget -- he said to stay away from Binions because they have a unlimited buy in N/L game.

Any info appreciated.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Where are the fish? Going to Vegas this weekend!!

as a vegas native i can say those are good spots for baby NL games. sometimes i go over to the luxor for the $50 buyin game(you can rebuy for $50 more as soon as you get below $50) the blinds structure sucks but the low buyin attracts lots of fish.

last time i was at imperial palace was pretty awesome though one drunk guy with about $400 in chips who had been playing for 20 hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] anyways have fun!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:59 AM

I will be in Vegas May 8th-13th...I am a new poster and everything and have lurked for awhile until I felt I had something to contribute, but I would love to meet anybody from the site.

Only person I have met so far was Steamboatin in Tunica. I will be staying at Excalibur so probably playing there and alot of baby NL and tournies. If you see a slight overweight guy about 25...probably wearing a nice shirt and have a zippo lighter as a card capper. Might be wearing a new Atlanta Braves alternate hat.

I also have a southern accent. Have a good time buddy.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:23 PM

I had heard of that Luxor game. I'll have to check that one out!

Hopefully the same drunk guy will be at Imperial Palace! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be in Vegas May 8th-13th...I am a new poster and everything and have lurked for awhile until I felt I had something to contribute, but I would love to meet anybody from the site.

Only person I have met so far was Steamboatin in Tunica. I will be staying at Excalibur so probably playing there and alot of baby NL and tournies. If you see a slight overweight guy about 25...probably wearing a nice shirt and have a zippo lighter as a card capper. Might be wearing a new Atlanta Braves alternate hat.

I also have a southern accent. Have a good time buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, maybe we will run into each other. I'll probably be using a $5 Kings Crown chip as a cover from the following pic:

Old 05-04-2005, 02:38 PM

I love the NL game at Binion's, especially after midnight. I generally buy for about $200. Most people buy from $100 - $200 about the most I've ever seen is $500.

Mike
Old 05-04-2005, 03:01 PM

Getting back to the original question -- where are the Fish?

Will be in LV next month, staying at THEhotel. For a variety of reasons, my play will be limited to rooms relatively near there in low stakes, limit or nl games and tourneys.

I think that means Mandalay, Luxor, Excaliber and MGM. Is there any thought as to which may have most fish?
Old 05-04-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting back to the original question -- where are the Fish?

Will be in LV next month, staying at THEhotel. For a variety of reasons, my play will be limited to rooms relatively near there in low stakes, limit or nl games and tourneys.

I think that means Mandalay, Luxor, Excaliber and MGM. Is there any thought as to which may have most fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excalibur, by far -- IF you can stand the games they spread. The 1-2NL is full of morons, but the 2-6 spread limit is even better, assuming you know how to play such a game optimally (big offsuit hands suck, speculative hands get the money, value bet your hands, and raise the max every time).

Skip Luxor, the games/dealers/everything there sucks. Aladdin/MGM are the way to go if you want to go with 2/4, 3/6 or other 1-2 games.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:14 PM

Imperial Palace is the place to be. They have an insanely soft 1-2NL game. Be weary of their daily tournaments because of their bad structure, crazy rake, and less than stellar payout structure though. They dont have their 1-2NL 24 hours a day, it usually starts up in the evening after the afternoon tourney begins dying down. I made it a habit to make it over there a few nights when I was in vegas and still cant believe how ridiculously easy the game was.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:14 PM

I stayed at the Nugget last fall. They have a fairly inexpensive NL tourney every day at 11:00, and the poker room is well managed. It is a non-smoking room, as well. They had $2/4, $4/8, and a few NL games going.