Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Dog\'s balls: too agro all around?

Live $10/20 9 handed ring game

The Players
UTG: Seemed like a loose player who likes to call with garbage hands like K8o, but then will fold for an entire orbit. Only raises KK or AA preflop. Weak tight and predictable postflop.

UTG+1: Loose preflop, so-so postflop, but not very aggressive.

MP1: Fairly tight. Not very aggressive. Has the best hand selection, but is mostly weak tight.

MP2: Fairly tight, only raises preflop with AA-TT, AK or AQ. Aggressive post flop, will see the turn if he thinks he can win if he catches an ace.

MP3: Plays 80% of her hands, only raises preflop with AA, KK, or QQ. Predictable postflop, only bets when she has something.

CO: Plays 90% of his hands, only raises QJ (his favorite hand) plus AA-JJ. Very aggressive postflop, though it includes a lot of bluffing, bottom pairs, and chasing to the river with nothing.

Button: Hero

SB: Loose player who only raises AA-TT if there is not a raise in front of him. Will always cold call a raise by me and will go to showdown. Otherwise, he's aggressive postflop.

BB: Slightly loose, fairly aggressive preflop (raises HEfAP group 1 & 2 hands). Decent postflop and aggressive.

Notes
None of the players think about pot odds, implied odds, overcalls, or any other basic or advanced concepts. Some of them do try to think about what the other guy has, but then they'll fold an OESD on the turn because they don't want to "suck out".

The Hand
Hero is dealt 88 on the button

Preflop: UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero <font color="red">raises</font>, SB <font color="red">3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero <font color="red">caps</font>, SB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls

<font color="blue"> I'm not sure exactly why I capped pre-flop. At the time, I felt that it was for value with so many people in and that the SB was just trying to be overly aggressive.</font>

Flop: 862 rainbow (4 players)
Pot: (18 SB)

SB <font color="red">bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero <font color="red">raises</font>, SB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls

<font color="blue">Everyone had odds to call, so I was raising to build the pot. I wasn't sure if people would call a check raise on the turn, or worse, if SB 3-bets causing the others to fold.</font>

Turn: A [862 complete rainbow] (4 players)
Pot: (13 BB)

All check to Hero who bets, all call

River: 3 [A {862}] (4 players)
Pot: (17 BB)

All check to Hero who bets, SB calls, MP3 folds, CO folds

Final Pot: (19 BB)
Old 05-08-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Dog\'s balls: too agro all around?

I don't understand your cap PF. You say SB only raises TT-AA so what could he be 3-betting with? Hand looks perfect thereafter.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:19 PM

I like it all the way. NH.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:32 PM

Ditch the preflop cap. Otherwise NH.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:28 PM

So no one supports waiting for the turn to raise instead of the flop? Provided everyone calls either raise, waiting for the turn adds an extra 1.5 BB to the pot.