Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 08:24 PM

Default omg full house!

Party 3/6 full table. Pretty juicy game. Villain in this hand is slightly loose, slightly passive preflop. Postflop he is probably like most typical Party 3/6 players.

Anyways, he limps in EP. His range is probably like 22-TT, A8o+, Axs, any two broadway, suited connectors 67s+ too probably. I raise QQ on the button. Blinds drop, heads up.

Flop (5 SB's) is J64r. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn (7SB's) is another 6. He does the manly turn check-raise on me and I'm all like [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] so I just call.

River (7.5 BB's) is a third 6. He bets and I raise cause I don't know what to do.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: omg full house!

looks like he has the jack on the turn. and has you on over cards.

i like the river raise. he might even 3 bet with just the jack.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:35 PM

Would you also raise the river if it were a 2?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 PM

You're only losing to AA, KK, JJ, and the case 6. The big pairs all seem pretty unlikely because you'd probably have seen a pre-flop raise. Loose passive players might slowplay a hand like AA here, but usually they get aggressive a bit earlier than the turn. I tend to notice AA slowplays to either go for the limp-reraise pre-flop or an aggressive move on the flop. Very few will take this line with KK because people don't like giving cheap cards for opponents to hit As. JJ is possible but it's not that likely.

So I'm most worried about the case 6. But it is the case card. Who knows.

I think raising the river is definitely right. Even risking 2 to win 1, the raise is good, as I have to think you're ahead at least 65% of the time. If three-bet, calling the three-bet is probably what I'd do, but I think capping is probably pretty close.

Three-betting the turn should be considered. I tend to like your line, though, as I don't want to fold, don't want to spew against a hand like A6, and am happy to let my opponent continue to be a J that doesn't have that many outs. Even if the third 6 doesn't come, I'd consider raising a lot of safe river cards depending on your read.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:41 PM

i am tempted to 3 bet the turn and re evaluate on the river also. if a brick drops and i get CR'd i'd consider letting go.

the turn CR is what scares you when the scare card hits, but he can still have you on AK/AQ/KQ and is trying to make a move on you with a J high board.

however, i am most likely going to be raising the river if a brick drops.

a stronger read would help also.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Three-betting the turn should be considered. I tend to like your line, though, as I don't want to fold, don't want to spew against a hand like A6, and am happy to let my opponent continue to be a J that doesn't have that many outs. Even if the third 6 doesn't come, I'd consider raising a lot of safe river cards depending on your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising the river is superior to three-betting the turn. I get the same amount from him when I am ahead, and there is a better chance that he calls me down with a J. I think. More thoughts later, time to get wasted.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:50 PM

and i wonder why i bother to write 3 replies when deranged will just do it all in one whole piece of goodness....

so yeha...what he said.