Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 02:11 PM

Default interesting hand from session review

The two people who did my session review had different opinions on this hand. What do you think?

If I had any reads at the time I don't remember them now.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Maybe Q9s is a little too weak to be going for the isolation, but I make plays like this with the likes of QJo and A9o all day.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 12-18-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Session reviewers opinions:

Reviewer#1:
With a limper I really don’t like this pfr, it just cant double as a blindsteal on a table this loose. Postflop is fine considering; your kicker is not quite good enough to value bet the river.

Reviewer#2:
I don't mind the iso-raise pf. Good flop bet. I think I'm tempted to just fold after 4 calls on the flop and a bet and a call in front on the turn, but I could see calling and seeing what happens on the river. Problem is that we probably don't have a lot of equity on this drawy board even when we're currently ahead (we might not even be a favourite to stay ahead). There are a ton of cards we don't want to see. We have to see a showdown for one bet if the river blanks after calling the turn.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: interesting hand from session review

I would not raise preflop. If you were the first to enter than yes you can raise preflop. Also why would you isolate with Q9? This is more of a drawing hand, so I would lots of people to call this one, I dont want to be heads up with Q9.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:58 PM

I like it up until the river.
PF is fine if you think the limper is loose/weak.
Flop is standard.
I like the turn call - raising kinda puts you in a paradox on the river - it doesn't make much sense to raise for a free showdown with a kicker that plays, but I don't really like my hand enough to put in 3 BB's on the last 2 streets either. Plus the pot isn't so big that you need SB to fold even if he has a gutshot, and it really wouldn't be good if he folded 8x.
The river is a thin value bet - sometiems MP1 will show a better Q but you will get called by 8x worse Q's and PP's. Obviously you fold to a C/R.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:42 PM

I think you are spot on to be honest here McGahee. I agree totally here and was going to say the same but I may as well say: What he said.