Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Trapped between two maniacs

Don't have significant stats on either opponent here. I had seen the UTG player raise 32s and 56s from MP and I had a read that the PF capper couldn't refuse a bluff and also played nearly every hand. Only 15 hands here on both opponents, so take it for what it's worth. Assume, for this hand, that both players are somewhere in the vicinity of 60+/40+/2.0 (aggressive PF for these stats):

[EDIT: UTG Raiser was down to only 6BB in this pot]

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>,Hero...

Lozing
Old 10-06-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Trapped between two maniacs

Call. Hope it isn't capped. Find a better table.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:46 AM

yes, I left after as soon as it got back to my blinds....actually table selection went pretty well tonight as there seemed to be a lot of fish on the 3/6 games. Almost every table had two fish on my right without a lot of table switching.

The main question on this flop play was call or raise. Any merit to a raise or do you think SB is never laying down any overs here? I believe we only have the choice between a raise and a call here. If you call, what is your plan on the turn if a blank hits?

Lozing
Old 10-06-2005, 12:51 AM

I don't think raising gets you anything here -- I'd want to see the turn as cheaply as possible. If these guys really are 60/40/2, then raising just gets it capped most of the time (might happen anyway) and almost never buys a free card.

Not sure about turn; a lot depends on what happens on the flop after you call, what the turn card is, and what happens in front of you. Against maniacs on whom I have a reliable read, I'd be inclined to see a river and probably a showdown on a blank turn; against maniacs who occasionally allow reason to modify their play, I can let go on the turn, depending.

Just sucks to sit between two of them becuase you'll end up nut peddling or way overpaying for draws.