Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Current Minor League Baseball Stats?

Where can I find current minor league baseball stats? Because of the new stats provider for baseball, Baseball America does not have current minor league stats available yet. I am in a few very deep keeper leagues and I am working on some deals but I need minor league stats. My google searches have provided last years stats but nothing from this year. Please help me!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Current Minor League Baseball Stats?

does this work?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:21 PM

what's the trade?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:22 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If the page would finish loading it will. Thank you. I don't know why google didn't list this page. [censored] advanced search. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the trade?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 12 team, AL only, $265 auction league with 24 man active rosters and 10 man reserve rosters. Allowed 15 keepers (minor leaguers don't count against the $265). Contracts for major leaguers start at -2 and go to -1 and then must be extended ($0 to option out for 1 more year, $5 for each year past the first). Minor league contracts don't become -2's unless they are called up to the bigs before September roster expansions. After the 0 year a player can not be signed again.

The deal offered is: $26 -2 Edgar Renteria and $16 +1 Mark Buerhle for $5 Felix Hernandez, $2 Ervin Santana, $5 Hanley Ramirez, and $7 -2 Houston Street. I don't need Buerhle (I'm in first already in Wins, K's, and WHIP--Johan Santana rocks) and Renteria doesn't help my offense as much as I'd need (I'm in second overall and I need HR's, Runs Scored (R+RBI-HR's), and Extra Base Number (BB+2*2B+3*3B). F. Hernandez and E. Santana for the next 5 years seems more valuable than 1 3/4 seasons of Buerhle (when my pitching is already solid) and Renteria wouldn't be a keeper on my team at that price (he'd be my most expensive player).

I was looking at something like $28 -1 Javy Lopez and $26 -2 Edgar Renteria for $1 -2 Juan Cruz, $2 Nick Markakis, $2 Luis Soto, $8 -2 Jhonny Peralta and $5 -2 Rafael Soriano (or a reserve round draft pick next season).
Old 04-27-2005, 07:14 PM

you might wanna check out fantasybaseballcafe.com

its been really helpful for me
Old 04-27-2005, 07:17 PM

-2 and +1 indicates what? years on the contract?

who plays SS for you if you deal renteria? quite often in a league this deep you have to consider that trading a quality SS, not only costs you his stats, but the stats of his replacement are very often a negative VORP (Value Over Replacement Player)...not only do you not have edgar, but you have some bum hitting .190 w/ no power.

do you have the spots to keep hernandez, ramirez, e. santana, and street? (or do they not count toward your 15-man keepers?)

if you want, i'll crunch some numbers and offer my opinion.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-2 and +1 indicates what? years on the contract?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. -2 is a player just drafted this year. Next year he goes to a -1. After that season you have to sign him to a long term deal or option him out. It is $0 extra to option a guy out (he goes from -1 to 0). Every year you want to extend his contract past the first is $5 extra dollars. Signing a $1 -1 guy for 2 extra years makes him a $6 +1. After the $6 +1 year he becomes a $6 0. Everyone works towards 0 (and then they can not be re-signed). We also have $100 in Free Agent budget (I have $98 left) for weekly pickups--they are blind auctions for the pickups.

[ QUOTE ]
who plays SS for you if you deal renteria? quite often in a league this deep you have to consider that trading a quality SS, not only costs you his stats, but the stats of his replacement are very often a negative VORP (Value Over Replacement Player)...not only do you not have edgar, but you have some bum hitting .190 w/ no power.

do you have the spots to keep hernandez, ramirez, e. santana, and street? (or do they not count toward your 15-man keepers?)

if you want, i'll crunch some numbers and offer my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

The deal is the other way around. I need offense and I'm trading prospects. I'm in second overall right now. We have 2 C, 1B, 2B, SS, Corner Infielder, Middle Infielder, 5 OF's, 1 UT, and 10 P's with a 1,000 IP minimum to qualify for ERA and WHIP.

This is my team:
C Charles Johnson $2 -2
C Mike Redmond $1 -2
1B Aubrey Huff $26 -1
2B Keith Ginter $6 -2
SS Jhonny Peralta $9 -2
3B Melvin Mora $17 +1
CO Hank Blalock $20 +2
MI Adam Kennedy $8 -2
OF Johnny Damon $23 -1
OF Torii Hunter $11 0
OF Trot Nixon $15 0
OF David DeJesus $10 -1
OF Rocco Baldelli $17 -2
UT Frank Thomas $14 -2
and my pitchers are:
Johan Santana $16 +2
Gustavo Chacin $15 -2 (he was a reserve pick)
Joel Piniero $10 -2
Dan Haren $13 -2
Dave Bush $1 -1
Denny Bautista $1 -2
Runelvys Hernandez $1 -2
Damaso Marte $6 0
Houston Street $7 -2
Octavio Dotel $22 -2

I totally agree with the VORP concept--that's why I have injured guys on my active roster--I'd rather take 0 stats than .190 BA's with no power/speed (I'll take 1/2 a season of Kennedy/Thomas/Baldelli over a full season of our free agents). Top free agents available: BJ Surhoff, Nick Punto, Ramon Vazquez, Chris Singleton, Ambriorix Burgos, Andy Sisco, Casey Fossum, Keiichi Yabu, Doug Waechter (these names scare me to list them)...
Old 04-27-2005, 09:17 PM

the obvious benefit of the javy lopez deal is that you get to drop one of your catchers (i'd vote for CJ), which is a benefit in and of itself. off the top of my head, i'd say get rid of sojo if you can (he's not even playing now, and you won't get much even when he does)...give me a bit on those pitchers, they may just be running bad. you might want to look at including hanley ramirez in the lopez/renteria deal, as there's the risk of him being blocked by renteria, and he could be traded to the NL where, i presume, you lose him.

on renteria and ramirez, though, i wouldn't make a move w/o checking out www.sonsofsamhorn.com, which is an elite red sox message board (think of it as the two plus two of baseball boards, only with more big names hanging around--i.e. schilling, theo epstein, etc.). they won't let you post, but you should be able to find enough good info.

i have a new theory on sox hitters/pitcher after reading an interview w/ bill james. he said something to the effect that boston was doing analysis of which type of pitchers prosper best in the weather conditions of fenway in july and august, as they've historically had trouble w/ their pitching then, and i got the impression that they'd found some indicators and were pursuing along those lines and any other info was propriatary. that's not to say they found anything useful or that it pertained to hitters, but i suspect it might be.