Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 09:37 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default UTG KK

i am playing in the internet forum KOTZ tournament, it is early on with the blinds at 15/30. i have around ~1500 in chips. i am utg with kk, i raise to 100. mp player, dont remember who it is raises to ~300-360. now a late position player goes all-in, it was dogs balls(havent played with any of these guys before, but must assume competent decent poker players, they are all 2+2ers). now if i call and lose as i dont remember exact stack sizes i will bust or be very close to it..........so what is your play?????
Old 01-13-2004, 12:30 PM

Default Re: UTG KK

Easy allin for me, even at that table. If they have aces, oh well. Besides, they probably don't figure you for aces or kings, since you raised utg instead of limped.

Was there an AA out there?
Old 01-13-2004, 12:35 PM

Hiya morgan,

This is actually an easier all-in than having simply one opponent. Your opponents are much more likely to hold each other's Ace outs than to have you beaten. If it had been just one opponent moving in behind you, and you knew that opponent to be a tight, cautious player, it might give you pause. But with a reraise followed by an all-in, it's very likely that you have two opponents holding Ace-Face ... a very nice situation for your KK.

All-in. Immediately, if not sooner.

Cris
Old 01-13-2004, 12:49 PM

I can't imagine not calling with KK.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am playing in the internet forum KOTZ tournament, it is early on with the blinds at 15/30. i have around ~1500 in chips. i am utg with kk, i raise to 100. mp player, dont remember who it is raises to ~300-360. now a late position player goes all-in, it was dogs balls(havent played with any of these guys before, but must assume competent decent poker players, they are all 2+2ers). now if i call and lose as i dont remember exact stack sizes i will bust or be very close to it..........so what is your play?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Push. No other option, IMO.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:26 PM

Easy all-in. Autopilot call!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:49 PM

I think I was the MP re-raiser. I won't give it away. I don't remember what I had. I think it was AKs. Maybe it was another QQ fiasco for me.