Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Rebuy Tourney Question

We had a small (23 person) $30 NL tournament this past weekend. $30 got you $1000TC. You could rebuy anytime your stack dropped below $500TC for the first 1 and a half hours, $30 got you another $1000TC. Levels were 30 Minutes each and we started the blinds at 5-10. After the third level there was a break and a chance to add-on. Another $30 got you $2000TC.

What me and one of my friends were debating was whether or not it was a good strategy to drop below $500TC so that you could rebuy and add-on at the break (increasing your stack by $3000TC) if you were between $500TC and $750TC before the break. I had $550TC before the break and planned to do this (I didn't get a chance to because I went all-in with my flopped str8 only to lose to a rivered flush). My friend thinks it's not a good value. Just wondering what others thought.

Thanks,

Shot
Old 01-13-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Rebuy Tourney Question

Avoid the problem. Change the rules. Allow a rebuy anytime you have T1000 or less. Thus, nobody needs to make a stupid desperation play simply because it qualifies them to buy enough chips to have a decent stack.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)