Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 07:11 PM

Default ($33): Push this draw? <10xBBs

Limps from EP from both of these players doesn’t not scare me that much, they have not been overly tight.

Given this read, how’s this play?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 4 - 6 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 790 Chips
SB: 940 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 865 Chips</font>
UTG: 1160 Chips
UTG+1: 1600 Chips
CO: 2645 Chips

Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 50/100

PreFlop
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 350 Chips )
Hero is All-In
Old 11-21-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: ($33): Push this draw? <10xBBs

I can understand that play and may have made it myself in the past. However, in this situation with the early position I would have probably just checked to see if one of them is going to make a play at the hand.

If they do than I will decide if I want to push or fold (most likely I will push).

If they don't I get a free chance to make the flush.

However, you had the better read on the other players and may have seen how they reacted in similar situations in previous hands.

GL
Old 11-21-2005, 07:54 PM

I don't know, to me it's just too likely that one of the two either hit that flop hard, or hit it well enough to come along.

I don't think a push is awful or anything, I'd just chill and await developments, especially since I'm not drawing to the nuts here.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, to me it's just too likely that one of the two either hit that flop hard, or hit it well enough to come along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprise by this comment. What hands do you think they are limping that hit this flop hard? 99, A8/A9s? I was worried that a mid pocket pair would call me most times here if that is what I was up against. But people limp lots of hands other than mid pair here.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:55 PM

I like this play a lot. It's a simple semi-bluff. Occasionally you'll get called by a JT and your K hi will hold. Most all of the time if you are called though you will have to catch your flush to win. Sometimes a K will win it for you.

But most of the time you're not going to worry as you'll be 350 in chips richer uncontested. It is always hairy bluffing out multipul opponents though. Your chances of being called are unclear.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Comments and Results

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess next time I'll be a little more patient and see what the other two players do before making a semi-bluff here or folding. Here's what happened (Pineapple, ur were dead on!).

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 4 - 6 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 790 Chips
SB: 940 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 865 Chips</font>
UTG: 1160 Chips
UTG+1: 1600 Chips
CO: 2645 Chips

Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 50/100

PreFlop
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 350 Chips )
Hero is All-In, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>

(3 players) TURN: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 2645 Chips )
UTG is All-In, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 3235 Chips )

Final Pot:3235 Chips

Results:
UTG shows:8sAc,three of a kind, eights
UTG+1 shows:KcKs,two pairs, kings and eights
BB shows:6hKh,a pair of eights
Old 11-22-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprise by this comment. What hands do you think they are limping that hit this flop hard? 99, A8/A9s? I was worried that a mid pocket pair would call me most times here if that is what I was up against. But people limp lots of hands other than mid pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I already looked at the results, but there are lots of hands to worry about here.

Any 8, any 9, any two hearts to start with.

76, JT, pairs.

One opponent, I lean towards pushing, but with two others I don't like it nearly as much.