Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Norwegian high limit pros & million nicks

If this is better at the general forum, well move it there then.
I play semi high stakes, 50-100 and 100-200 and planning to try some higher this month. In these games it seems like good Norwegian players change nick like once a month, in the 3/6 game it seems like they dumb an bad running account immediately. I've asked couple of times what's up with that since everybody will figure out your new nick immediately anyway.
Every time the answer has been something like: "Rigged account" "Ran too bad with that account".

Then I was playing headsup against someone who asked if we could play at other site because I have a rigged account.

I have just took these as their weird sense of humour, but now I asked from a friend who was playing the 3/6 against one of this Tore/Muller teams new account(Borken this time) if these Norwegians are actually serious and he said yes.

I just find it weird that someone at this level would think so.

Can anyone share some insight, maybe Nikla or LarsVegas?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Norwegian high limit pros & million nicks

Doesn't Johnny Chan ask for deck changes if he loses like 2 hands with the same deck?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:07 AM

How immediate is immediately? I mean if you are in doubt for 1000 hands that might mean 10BBs. Its not pocket change imo.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:30 PM

Some random thoughts and comments from you post:

1) Borken is Tore Lager much more often than Max Muller. Muller also used to share accounts with Jarle, and Jarle used to share accounts with Lager.

2) I think for a few of them who really believe this, it's because their aggro playing styles win them some extra pots at first until their opponents figure out who they are, then they start losing because they start never getting any folds and do not adjust. And no, not all the Norwegians play exactly the same way. IMHO Lager and Muller, for instance, are substantially better and more rounded players than Jarle and BBuddy, at least when it comes to LHE. However, with all of them changing their names and sharing constantly, it takes some time to figure out who is playing on what, so for the beginning time period, the Norwegians ultimately benefit because they know more about their opponents than their opponents do of them.

3. They seriously believe it, and having played on the same sites they do at the same stakes and such, I am certainly not dismissing the possibility though acknowledge it's substantially more likely to not be the case. For instance, on one of their fav sites to make new accounts at, I presently have 3 accounts myself. Call me a moron if you like.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:59 PM

How do you know their real names?